Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I feel that due to the fact that I've never been out going and been mostly an introvert, that I've let loads of life experiences past me by. :( I'm 22 and I feel like I haven't had the memorable experiences that other girls my age have had, it's weird.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got these horrible chest pains recently to the point where I couldn't breathe or even stand up straight.

Went to the doctor who sent me to a and e who decided I wasn't at risk of imminent death.

Pain kept happening

Went on a work night out, and said it to one of my colleagues, we work remotely most of the time.

He said "have you been working from home a lot and slouching at your desk?"

Me (Amazed) "Yes"

Him " Ah by slouching your shoulders are leaning in, and inhibiting the movement of your chest, try sitting properly for a while, exact same thing happened to me"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I feel that due to the fact that I've never been out going and been mostly an introvert, that I've let loads of life experiences past me by. :( I'm 22 and I feel like I haven't had the memorable experiences that other girls my age have had, it's weird.

I kind of felt a little like that a couple of years ago when nearly everyone I knew went on J1s/finished college and went travelling..i did neither, in college I didnt go out that much so didn't have many wild crazy stories like my other friends did..i didnt learn how to drive when I was 17 like everyone else did in school..
    I'm only doing it now, I started travelling on my own to see things I wanted to see/do.. I joined a kayaking club even though I knew noone..

Dont worry about having the same experiences as everyone else seems to have had.
    Read this on the tea room in Ennis today
    life is like a cup of tea, its how you make it..or something like that anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I brought some today but you weren't there :p

Was somewhere over the Atlantic at the time ;)

Tea in a Japanese tea garden in SF right now. Happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Stheno wrote: »
    I got these horrible chest pains recently to the point where I couldn't breathe or even stand up straight.

Went to the doctor who sent me to a and e who decided I wasn't at risk of imminent death.

Pain kept happening

Went on a work night out, and said it to one of my colleagues, we work remotely most of the time.

He said "have you been working from home a lot and slouching at your desk?"

Me (Amazed) "Yes"

Him " Ah by slouching your shoulders are leaning in, and inhibiting the movement of your chest, try sitting properly for a while, exact same thing happened to me"!

That happened me before after my final year exams! Scary but so simple

• Advertisement

Went to buy some bareminerals
    Had 15 euro on my reward card so only had to pay a tenner

Yuss

Oh my God, work was busy today. I've never wanted to tell customers to stop talking ever in my life; "Please just stop saying words. I can't hear myself think. Thank you.":o :pac: So many orders coming from all directions and coffees to do and so much to try to keep on top of with only two of us there. Nothing was getting washed/cleaned/sorted between all the chaos. Thankfully they brought some more staff down and it calmed down but God it was insane for a while. Felt sorry for the more experienced girl I was on shift with. I must've been driving her insane. But I'm getting better at it, I think, thankfully.:o

That happened me before after my final year exams! Scary but so simple

Yeah, not exactly the same but when I'm slouching or sometimes just sitting for too long I get a sharp pain just under my right rib. Once I stand up and walk around for a bit I'm grand, but I do have to move around for it to go away. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Okay lungs. Now would be an AWESOME time to start working again.

I really don't know what end of me is up. Talking to my GP earlier and she wants me to go for a chest X-ray tomorrow and she gave me a letter for a&e if I don't improve over the weekend.

I don't want to spend the banker in the mater, so please lungs - work!

Also, new meds can FRO with your insomnia inducement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My second short story is up on Amazon now. It's another romance but there's no smutty bits. It's about a woman who suffers from anxiety/panic attacks finding love. It was tough to write because it's so close to me. I actually feel a little bit sad now. I was excited about finishing my first one, I took a lot of energy from it, but this was emotionally draining,
    even with its happy ending.

• Advertisement

While that while I'm working and trying to figure out the rest of my life, I'm going to give a stab at learning Italian. With an arts degree I'm clueless as what to do next and I'm anxious that I don't want to go into a masters that could end up costing me some serious money and then have nothing to show for it. I want to think this through carefully before I commit myself to anything. Post college life is confusing and scary. :(

I was also thinking of doing a nutritionist course. I've always had an interest in nutrition and before I picked an arts degree I really wanted to be a dietician. We had done a small bit of that in Home economics and it always really interested me. Unfortunately, my maths was always a weak point. Since I really don't want to have to go through another fours years of college I was trying to locate a masters in that field until I realised you had to have done some science based modules in order to meet the requirements. Though I shouldn't have been surprised, it was disappointing.

I realise that although nutritionist is not a protected term I really would like to do something in that area, that also might be a stepping stone to other things. A family friend is doing a nutritionist course and I enquired about the course she was doing but it was a course that centred more so around herbal based remedies which I'm not sure I completed agree with. I want to do a course, but don't want it to be a scam or get ripped off.:) We'll have to see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Got official confirmation this morning that my internship is good to go in a couple of weeks, excellent start to my bank holiday weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

PF I know exactly how you're feeling and where you are in life at the moment, I was there exactly five years ago. Give yourself a chance to figure things out - it won't happen all at once and it certainly won't happen to some arbitrary schedule.

However, without wanting to offend anyone, I don't think a nutritionist course would be a useful way of spending your time or money. All the evidence I've seen would lead me to believe that!

EA are adding some international women's teams to FIFA 16. Not many but it's still a step in the right direction. Of course the response has been about what you'd expect.

PF I know exactly how you're feeling and where you are in life at the moment, I was there exactly five years ago. Give yourself a chance to figure things out - it won't happen all at once and it certainly won't happen to some arbitrary schedule.

However, without wanting to offend anyone, I don't think a nutritionist course would be a useful way of spending your time or money. All the evidence I've seen would lead me to believe that!

Thanks, I respect blunt advice!:) I do know though that I've always had an interest in food and health. It's just a pity that I never had the ability in maths or chemistry required for it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Maybe you could look into Maths and Chemistry PF? I may be biased on this but what with being out of school, you may feel under less pressure and more open to learning them? There are so many things people definitely attempted to teach me in school when I didn't listen and now I'd fall down the wikipedia rabbit hole reading about them and loads of other stuff now I'm doing it out of pure interest.

Bleh, why did I apply to do GCSE marking! My brain is melted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lyaiera wrote: »
    EA are adding some international women's teams to FIFA 16. Not many but it's still a step in the right direction. Of course the response has been about what you'd expect.

I've bought one FIFA game since 1998 and was thinking about buying this one coz of the women's teams but seeing what has unfolded the past few days with the corruption and Sepp Blatter being voted back in, I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Mam and Dad watching The LL Show. Making me cringe so hard that I could cause myself harm. Then they flicked over to Mrs Brown's Boys. Kill me. Kill me now.

Mam and Dad watching The LL Show. Making me cringe so hard that I could cause myself harm. Then they flicked over to Mrs Brown's Boys. Kill me. Kill me now.

I apologise in advance in case any loungers watch it, but I judge anyone who watches Mrs browns boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

sullivlo wrote: »
    I apologise in advance in case any loungers watch it, but I judge anyone who watches Mrs browns boys.

THEY DON'T EVEN WATCH IT OR THE LL SHOW!! That's why I'm so confused. :confused::confused:

They've decided to stop now. Thank god. I hate Mrs Brown's Boys. My dad's family watch it and they insist on watching it (as a family) when it's on during family gatherings (Christmas, etc). I can't explain the rage that show makes me feel. It's so terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

sullivlo wrote: »

Mom made me go to the movie with her...I fell asleep

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Mom made me go to the movie with her...I fell asleep

My gran watches it and loves it. I just find it chronic.

However! Kudos to him for his vote yes video! May have swayed a few of the older generation.

But as a show it wrecks my buzz. I've hidden people on FB for sharing it's quotes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm self employed so I have billable days then admin days for normal stuff

My schedule for June is mental worst case I've 30 billable with hour days which is every day in June!

OMG! So cute! Missy and Penelope, lesbian penguins with their Yes! cake! :D:D:D

zzzDingleLesbianPenguins_large.jpg

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/dingles-lesbian-penguins-missy-and-penelope-say-yes-to-love-nest-333744.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Belated congratulations, RK. Hope you and Mr RK are having a ball on honeymoon.

Sorry to hear things are so tough at the moment, MCR. Really hope that things improve for you soon. It's so hard losing a friend like that. Be good to yourself x

Well done on the books Lyaiera!

It's Sunday morning and my turn for a lie in yet I'm wide awake listening to the 18 month old and my OH making French toast in the kitchen. I have a feeling I won't be staying in bed long. Plus, baba no.2 has decided that kicking the ribs off me is a good thing to do last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Congrats RK!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In the most amazing tea shop in Eugene, Oregon - 11 kinds of chai!! :D Flying on to Las Vegas this evening, 4 days chilling out at the Mandalay Bay await!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

The people I work with are idiots. Getting really (REALLY!!!) sick of getting shouted at by people for the mistakes of the people I work with.

I've just woke up to some amazing reviews for my first short story! :D

What's quite encouraging, even if I disagree with some views is that there's a real diversity in how people see my characters. Some people see my protagonist as real and strong, others see her as in need of something, and others still want to slap her. That to me says I've managed to write a protagonist with depth, that people can take many things from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I've just woke up to some amazing reviews for my first short story! :D

What's quite encouraging, even if I disagree with some views is that there's a real diversity in how people see my characters. Some people see my protagonist as real and strong, others see her as in need of something, and others still want to slap her. That to me says I've managed to write a protagonist with depth, that people can take many things from.

Well done. You must be so happy :)

Advertisement