Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I'm lucky that I don't have a sweet tooth or I've have gained a stone from reading the last few posts :D Unfortunately my downfall is cheese and crisps and bread...nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm really considering going short in my next hair cut. As in proper short. I'm 26 soon and I've literally had the same hairstyle for 25 years. My hair is frizzy/curly and wild. I've got a lot of short hairs at my hairline. I look like I've stuck my finger in a live socket eternally. It needs a cut really soon but I'm thinking of getting a consultation in Galway City and seeing what they think. The excitement and fear of just thinking about it is something else!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm really considering going short in my next hair cut. As in proper short. I'm 26 soon and I've literally had the same hairstyle for 25 years. My hair is frizzy/curly and wild. I've got a lot of short hairs at my hairline. I look like I've stuck my finger in a live socket eternally. It needs a cut really soon but I'm thinking of getting a consultation in Galway City and seeing what they think. The excitement and fear of just thinking about it is something else!

Do it, if you hate it it'll always grow back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Oooh go to Momento! Bit pricey sometimes but its where I go(yes I gk back to Galway for a hair cut) and my friend gets her hair chopped up short by one of the girls there too, can get her name for you

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Oooh go to Momento! Bit pricey sometimes but its where I go(yes I gk back to Galway for a hair cut) and my friend gets her hair chopped up short by one of the girls there too, can get her name for you

I'll check them out and a name would be good, thank you!

I was thinking Zenith of Barry's.

Zenith are good too, used to go there myself.
    I'll get the name for you though just in case :)

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Zenith are good too, used to go there myself.
    I'll get the name for you though just in case :)

I've found their website with their team so I think I know who it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Another +1 here for Zenith. They're lovely, they really really know their stuff, and they're (relatively) reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Two weeks to due date. I cannot wait to buy ALL the clothes!! My mother was kind enough to get me a voucher for my birthday. Fair play for the 50kg squats, Sammyjo! I just did 40 with only my own body weight for resistance and was wrecked after it!!

Roesy wrote: »
    Two weeks to due date. I cannot wait to buy ALL the clothes!! My mother was kind enough to get me a voucher for my birthday. Fair play for the 50kg squats, Sammyjo! I just did 40 with only my own body weight for resistance and was wrecked after it!!

Oh I hope you have a 4th of July baby so I can have a birthday buddy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Hope the next two weeks are a breeze for you and bubs!

4th of July would be a cool birthday. And it wouldn't make me too far overdue. Will see what I can do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Oh Roesy it feels like no time at all since your last baby! Time moves so fast, it's scary. Hope your last few days of pregnancy are comfortable, s/he'll be here before you know it!

There'll be 19 months between them Dolbert!! It seems like a lifetime in one sense and no time at all in another.

Roesy wrote: »
    4th of July would be a cool birthday. And it wouldn't make me too far overdue. Will see what I can do :D

:D
    It is, you get free desert in America! At least I did anyway...

Oh my god it's one of those days where no matter what I eat I'm still hungry. My belly rumbles as I'm eating FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm the same. I have a 100k cycle tomorrow so I'm using the excuse of carb loading ;) Even though there ain't many complex carbs in chocolate. Ah well :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Any excuse! :D

Booked myself a sneaky dip here for Wednesday morning, have been wanting to see it ever since I heard about it! Was trying to decide between a dip there and doing 31x100m at my local pool as a birthday swim, laziness wins... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Any excuse! :D

Booked myself a sneaky dip here for Wednesday morning, have been wanting to see it ever since I heard about it! Was trying to decide between a dip there and doing 31x100m at my local pool as a birthday swim, laziness wins... :pac:

It's for art, so you being so cultured wins. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I like the look of it, but I'd just be thinking about all the mosquitos that would love living in that pond! :)

I'm not hugely worried about that, it hasn't been particularly warm this year (hasn't been over 27 yet, more like 18-20 apart from an isolated few nice days) and I didn't notice huge issues with them when I was at the ladies pond at Hampstead Heath last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've published my new novella on Amazon. This time it's a sweet romance so no smexy bits. That means a friend of mine is willing to read it, seeing as she won't have to risk never being able to look me in the eye again. :pac:

I'm on a computer game forum. Full of despicable nerds who rage at anything and everything. I've been posting about this writing caper on there and one of the nerds asked if he could read something I've written. I thought why not, and e-mailed him the first draft of the new sweet romance. I didn't expect much love from a manly nerdy guy, but he wrote to me half way through the book and said, "I don't usually read romance stuffs...but I really like it. It creates a cosy, warm feeling reading it..." I love it, my goal has been achieved if it "creates a cosy, warm feeling." :D

I'm celebrating the feedback and publishing with more Tangfastics, and a big bottle of coke chilling in my fridge. :)

Getting an early night tonight. Up at the crack of dawn (well, 8 am) to get to the cycle venue. Getting excited. Can't wait to get the legs spinning again.

I think my relationship with beer has changed, although maybe only temporarily. I had a half of a 6.2% Marzen and a half of an average strength red ale. I did not feel too good after it. Nothing was wrong, I was just kinda floaty after a month of not drinking. But I didn't feel right. I had a coke after and started to feel better. It could be the medication I'm on now. I haven't taken the one that stops me drinking for the past two days so it shouldn't be that, but maybe me and beer are just going to take a break for a few months.

I thought of getting a non-alcoholic beer, but despite the selection being better than ten years ago I still went for a coke.

I'm wrecked. Work last night, so wasn't home until 1. Then up early this morning to get to Dublin for a day of volunteer work. I want my bed!

• Advertisement

There's a small festival in Macroom in three weeks. I've never been to a festival in my life and it seems like something I should do. I really want to go but it'll be really expensive. I'd have to buy a few things and put together supplies, as well as the €10 burgers. I'll put my thinking cap on and see if it's something I can manage. I'd even go on my own.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'll be with the oh seven years in October

When I met him he'd two teenage kids who are 22 and 25 this year

His daughter who is the younger is the one I've struggled to get a decent relationship from the start

Then we found having big boobs being a pain something we have in common

I then introduced her to getting fitted and she told her dad he'd never understand what it felt like to have well fitting underwear

This evening we have been plannjng his father's day never would have thought it would happen but it's great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh my gosh we were at a dog show today and it was so ridiculously cute - categories included best dressed dog, waggliest tail and musical sitting! I want all the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Oh my GOD my sister is melting my head and shredding my nerves

*grabs dog and heads to beach*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Its daughter liked all her birthday gifts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Finally finished my GCSE marking!! 8,000 questions over the last 3 weeks...God I can't wait to get paid!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Finally finished my GCSE marking!! 8,000 questions over the last 3 weeks...God I can't wait to get paid!

That sounds nuts! Is it worth it money wise?? I've spent my Sunday marking exam papers :( so I know the feeling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

That sounds nuts! Is it worth it money wise?? I've spent my Sunday marking exam papers :( so I know the feeling!

800ish give or take after tax. I feel like it's helped me develop as a teacher but I wouldn't be running to do it again!

I'm going for the "chop the mop" next Tuesday. I'm gonna be bricking it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Part of me would love to cut my hair short again! I used to have a proper pixie length cut a few years ago, but I let it grow out to about halfway down my back now, which I really love. But I saw Ham Sandwich at the weekend & the lead singer gave me major hair envy, it's super short & a lovely white blonde colour.

Good luck with the hair cut, I hope you love it!

I've had my hair short since I was 15, can't imagine growing it out! Have been a bit lazy though lately, last had it cut in mid-March because I needed a bit of length to go with the style I wanted for the wedding and just haven't bothered with a cut since I got back.

Niamh's hair always looks awesome to be fair!
    Never had it proper short, up to my chin is as short as I have gone..its down to my boobs now and I love the length but it gets in the way a lot!

I really want to chop mine but I'm afraid my moon face will look strange with it a bit shorter!

You'd be surprised! Might be worth having a chat with your hairdresser - bearing in mind that not all of them are confident with short styles on women, I've had trouble getting quite a few Dublin hairdressers to go as short as I'd like. I've had my hair as short as a #5 blade in the past, that cut was started one day in a normal women's salon and completed the next day at a barber's!

• Advertisement

My hair is crazy long at the minute and the last time I even asked for a long bob she tried to talk me out of it because "oh your lovely hair!". Boo, chop chop woman!

Getting my hair cut today! It's at the stage where it just looks untidy no matter what I do with it. It looks all flat too. Not for long! :D

Also treating myself to a massage with my first wages. Took the weekend off from 30 Day Shred cause I was mad busy. Tried to do it yesterday and got a horrible pain in my back doing jumping jacks. Want to get that sorted (think it's a combination of exercise and new job working on my feet) so I can get back to it. Already seeing small results on the scales and with weight loss! :)

You'd be surprised! Might be worth having a chat with your hairdresser - bearing in mind that not all of them are confident with short styles on women, I've had trouble getting quite a few Dublin hairdressers to go as short as I'd like. I've had my hair as short as a #5 blade in the past, that cut was started one day in a normal women's salon and completed the next day at a barber's!

The girl who looked at my hair yesterday said it would suit me but didn't say why. She didn't say anything about face shape or anything like that. She said I'd have to manage it with blowdrying and styling and that I should be prepared for that. She isn't the girl that's going to be cutting it. She said she'd send me to the senior stylist coz she is far more experienced with my hair texture. At least she was straight up about it!

I'm too chicken to get my hair short. What if it doesn't suit!!! And I love nothing more than getting out the GHD and straightening the gruaig for a night out or a treat if I have time. I love when my hair is down and straight but I rarely wear it down. Would probably save LOADS on shampoo if I got it cut ;) I haven't had it cut since January! Whoops.

Back playing tag. God I missed team sports. I am by far and away the worst player on the team but I have fun doing it and that's the most important thing!

Have none of you tried the online systems where you upload a photo of your face and check how different styles would look?

My hair is so short that new hairdressers always cut it too long it's a number four at the sides

Stheno wrote: »
    Have none of you tried the online systems where you upload a photo of your face and check how different styles would look?

My hair is so short that new hairdressers always cut it too long it's a number four at the sides

No! Where does this witchcraft exist???

sullivlo wrote: »

It's deadly stuff I'm on the phone at the minute but just for you I'll log onto the dreaded work laptop :D

You owe me now!!!

Here ya go, now it's only a google search result, but it gives piles of them, I've used the three of the first four excepting hairmixer in the past and got good results :) I've a very small and thin face, and too much hair swamps it

https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=upload+a+picture+to+see+a+hairstyle

Stheno wrote: »
    Here ya go, now it's only a google search result, but it gives piles of them, I've used the three of the first four excepting hairmixer in the past and got good results :) I've a very small and thin face, and too much hair swamps it

https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=upload+a+picture+to+see+a+hairstyle

Thanks a thousand. I know my plans for work tomorrow!!

• Advertisement

Thanks a thousand. I know my plans for work tomorrow!!

Oh it's deadly fun! Honest to god, hours of fun to be had from it :D

Advertisement