Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby sleeping too much.

Options
  • 06-05-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

My baby is just over 6 months.

He wants to sleep all day and all night for the last 2 weeks.

For example yesterday. He woke for breakfast at 9am after a 12 hour sleep.

Got cranky by 11 and started rubbing his eyes. Slept till 3pm . Up for a feed and a roll around. Up till 8.30pm and back to bed for another 12hr sleep.

He has a bit of a cough and had his 3rd set of injections 4 days ago.

Is he sleeping to much? Is it bad or good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

16 hrs at 6 months doesn't sound like too much.

But i would expect the 4 hours he has in the afternoon to be more spread out over 3 day time naps.

At that age mine would have roughly been up 7.30am, nap at 9am for 1 hr, nap at 12pm for 2hr, nap at 4pm for 45mins-1 hr, bed at 7.30pm for 12 hrs. But whatever works, if he's happy & energetic while awake and the routine suits you then why mess with it?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That sounds ok to me too ,my last baby always preferred 1 long nap .
    she is 12 months and still sleeps 15 hours a day ,the 2 year old sleeps for about 14 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sounds completely normal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Grand. He has a bit of a cold and its knocking him out most of the day.

Sleep is probably the best thing for him like this anyway.

Advertisement