Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview aeriel

• 06-05-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi, my Sky subscription service is due to be cut off next month. I have a UK card that will get me the free to air channels but would like to get RTE etc.

Can I plug a saorview aerial into the Sky+ box to enable me to view these stations and if so, which one should I get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You will need an aerial for the saorview channels, which you will either need a Saorview compatible tv or

you can get a saorview box

or you can remove your exisiting sat box and

replace it with a combo box to receive the saorview and sat channels all on the one box..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks. My TV is saroview compatible. Would the Sky dish not work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Thanks. My TV is saroview compatible. Would the Sky dish not work?

No you will not receive rte from the sat dish for free. You will need a terrestrial aerial fitted to your property and a cable brought in.

In some cases an Internal aerial mite work but outdoors is what I'd recommend usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks. I'll stick with the RTE Player and chromecast so!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Can anyone recommend a small aerial for a rented house?
    Is there one I could leave on an upstairs balcony for example that doesn't need to be fixed to the roof/wall?

I was looking at one on Amazon that I could test inside and outside and maybe get a signal booster that splits the connection between two televisions. Any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

Get an indoor aerial that looks like an aerial for a start. This is one of the better ones:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Telecam-TCE2000-Indoor-Aerial-Antenna/dp/B00IUC9CZ4

Don't bother with a booster. Use a simple splitter.

But no indoor aerials are guaranteed to work. That is why the broadcasters recommend properly fitter outdoor ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Davdee1

Can anyone recommend a small aerial for a rented house?
    Is there one I could leave on an upstairs balcony for example that doesn't need to be fixed to the roof/wall?

I was looking at one on Amazon that I could test inside and outside and maybe get a signal booster that splits the connection between two televisions. Any other suggestions?

Hi I bought lloytron sqare aerial in powercity 2 months ago recommended by sales guy who said it was best and no complaints. Well its giving perfect reception for me and I highly recommend this indoor aerial.

Advertisement