Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good online PC shops (or in Ireland) that take One4All vouchers?

• 06-05-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Bit of a weird request. Are these two things mutually exclusive? I'm in the market for a high end monitor and although I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact I'll have to order online, I have a few hundred quid sitting on a one4all voucher which it would be handy to be able to put towards the price.

I'm aware of the likes of custompc.ie which has a good selection but, not surprisingly, doesn't take one4all vouchers.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Argos is about the only decent place you can use those things if you like tech stuff. You used to be able to convert them into those temporary VISA cards but they got rid of that.

Post from 2011:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75247405&postcount=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

http://www.one4all.ie/retailer/electrical.html

At a glance some potential options on that page
    • Harvey Normans
    • Soundstore
    • Currys
    • PC World

Alternatively maybe sell the the voucher at a discount for cash, and buy online? It would give you more options on where and what to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CitizenKanye

Thanks for the replies. The problem with all of those shops mentioned is that they just have an appalling selection and don't have anything close to what I'm looking for. When I say high-end, I'm talking about possibly the Asus ROG Swift PG278q or something similar. Not exactly cheap, but one4all thing may just about bring it within my budget!

Interestingly the suggestion of being able to convert the voucher gave me some inspiration and I did some googling - apparently you can convert one4all vouchers into amazon gift cards, which changes everything!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Then I think you've got your answer, there aren't any bricks and mortar in Ireland worth spending any significant money on unless you're in a dire emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

apparently you can convert one4all vouchers into amazon gift cards, which changes everything!

I thought that was only for UK one4all vouchers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Try looking at the Acer Predator XB270HU monitor instead of the ROG Swift. It came out recently it's the first ever monitor that is IPS panel (better than TN) that runs 144hz natively out of the box (is also 1440p & has G-Sync). If I remember checking online it's around the same price, if not cheaper than the ROG Swift.

Cravez wrote: »
    Try looking at the Acer Predator XB270HU monitor instead of the ROG Swift. It came out recently it's the first ever monitor that is IPS panel (better than TN) that runs 144hz natively out of the box (is also 1440p & has G-Sync). If I remember checking online it's around the same price, if not cheaper than the ROG Swift.

I thought that one was lower resolution though, only 1920x1080? I could be mistaken though!

I thought that was only for UK one4all vouchers

Crap, I think you're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I thought that one was lower resolution though, only 1920x1080? I could be mistaken though!

Nope it's 1440p. You might be mixing up some of the other models as they have similar names.

Linus' tech review of the monitor:

Edit: The ROG Swift is actually gone down in price. So this would be more expensive. So it really comes down to if you want something that has a TN Panel and save money or go with IPS and a little more expensive.

Cravez wrote: »
    Nope it's 1440p. You might be mixing up some of the other models as they have similar names.

Linus' tech review of the monitor:

Edit: The ROG Swift is actually gone down in price. So this would be more expensive. So it really comes down to if you want something that has a TN Panel and save money or go with IPS and a little more expensive.

Ah sorry I omitted the "U"! Yeah that looks like a lovely bit of kit alright!

I've only used IPS monitors in the past but was thinking of moving to TN simply because the ROG Swift has gotten such good reviews, but this changes things...

• Advertisement
Advertisement