Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Licence

• 06-05-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anybody know if you get any period of grace to buy a TV licence after you receive a call from the Inspector?

Thanks in advance

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭brian67

if you get one or start collecting the stamps fair play should come in to it. it worked with my daughter in collage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I just got a letter on Friday to say 'I wish to inform you that the TV Licence Database indicates that the above address is not covered etc'.

Should I wait until the Inspector calls? Do I have a few more weeks? Will I get a reminder letter sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

If you never held a TV licence at that address (i.e. you don't have an expired licence), I'd wait till the knock comes to the door. After you get called upon, you're given 10 days to get the licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

You can put the license on direct debit, monthly payments of 13 euro, easier than the one lump sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

ok inspector called yesterday and left a calling card saying we had 5 days for the "occupier" to get a licence. My question is do I have to give my full name when I buy it or can I just put the householder on it and pay my money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I'm guessing that would be too easy. I'd say they will be looking for a name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I just got a letter on Friday to say 'I wish to inform you that the TV Licence Database indicates that the above address is not covered etc'.

Should I wait until the Inspector calls? Do I have a few more weeks? Will I get a reminder letter sent out?

I got one a year ago once I moved into my house, Thankfully my name wasn't on it, Heard nothing since thankfully. I reckon one of them spotted the house and noticed it wasn't on their database and decided to chance sending a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Keane79

Hi, I am new to this posting business but I do have a question regarding TV licence. As it is 2018 and it will soon (if not already) be coming in that every house hold will now need a TV licence. I have moved into a house recently and I have never had a TV licence in my name. The house is in an estate. We do have a TV and will get a licence but only when I have to. So im just wondering, if there is a grace period if an inspector comes to the door. Or should i just avoid answering the door until I have the cash to get the licence.

Advertisement