Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does failing an exam have further consequences down the line?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Doing a Commerce degree in UCD. I'm in second year at the moment doing my exams.
    I was just wondering if I was to fail an exam now but ultimately get a good GPA this year and in final year, will my failed grade have consequences down the line? I know it's capped at 2.0 but will it affect my degree in any way apart from that?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Doing a Commerce degree in UCD. I'm in second year at the moment doing my exams.
    I was just wondering if I was to fail an exam now but ultimately get a good GPA this year and in final year, will my failed grade have consequences down the line? I know it's capped at 2.0 but will it affect my degree in any way apart from that?

Depends on what route you want to take. If it's a CAP 1 module for accounting and you failed then you can't do the MACC in Smurfit. It probably wouldn't come up for interviews unless they were looking at modules specifically.

That's the only case I can think of where a fail would harm you in the long term. Keeping other grades up will make up for it quickly thought.

Advertisement