Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Server 2012 r2

Options
  • 06-05-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello Everybody,

I have my mind set on acquiring some new IT certifications I would like to take the MSCA exams for windows 8.1 and server 2012 r2. What would the best study materials be for these exams I do have a william Panek book for windows sever 2012 I got from a friend would this cover most of what will be in the R2 server exams? Also has anybody got any good study tips or websites i could visit to help me learn. All comments are welcome and thank you for your time.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Moved from state benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

michael88 wrote: »
    Hello Everybody,

I have my mind set on acquiring some new IT certifications I would like to take the MSCA exams for windows 8.1 and server 2012 r2. What would the best study materials be for these exams I do have a william Panek book for windows sever 2012 I got from a friend would this cover most of what will be in the R2 server exams? Also has anybody got any good study tips or websites i could visit to help me learn. All comments are welcome and thank you for your time.

It's obviously useful to have the 2012 book, however there's a number of changes in R2 and the exam would be based on the R2 version. It would probably be worthwhile getting an R2 book.

I find CBT Nuggets quite good for training material:

W2012R2

As mentioned, there are various changes in R2, so you would need to get up to speed on them.

W2012R2 changes

Also you can do practice exams, I did the Exchange exam recently and used did some practice exams on measureup.com. It was definitely beneficial.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

On practice exams, if you have an Android smart phone definitely buy the A+VCE app from the play store. IT's the best 15 Euro you'll ever spend. That will allow you to download and store many tests exams that you can do at your own pace.

I'd highly recommend you set up a lab to go along with the course. You can download the Evaluation version of 2012R2 from Microsoft if you register on the learning site. There is also a Lab download I think which contains all the Lab machines as .vhd files and Hyper-V files.

Good luck !

Ken

Advertisement