Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPU ZONE

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They look like they are pretty old. I'd expect they've come out of offices as well. Likely not to have been designed for Win7 either.

What are your intentions with them? You might be able to find better on Adverts second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

They look like they are pretty old. I'd expect they've come out of offices as well. Likely not to have been designed for Win7 either.

What are your intentions with them? You might be able to find better on Adverts second hand.

yes i would imagine they are out of an office upgrade

required for Autocad and Office use for work, current model is gone slow so will use it as a server/storage and new machine for day to day use

good model in argos but not in stock

any tips welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

They are very old. I doubt they are better than what you have now. If you're using Autocad now, I presume you already have the monitor(s) you need. Just buy a base Dell PC (new) box only, with at least an i3 processor (if money is very tight) and 8GB Ram. Shouldn't cost more than about €350-€400 ex VAT. Use your current Autocad and Office licenses after uninstalling the software from your old PC

Alternatively, have a professional look at your current model. You'll be surprised how it might be brought back up to speed for very little money.

Advertisement