Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin 10km Road Race - June 20th -

Options
  • 06-05-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

The Michael Manning Memorial Dunshaughlin 10km Road Race organised by Dunshaughlin AC has opened for entries and at just €15 to enter (+ online registration fee), it's got to be one of the best road races on the calendar. Also, a new course record bonus of €500 for men and women is sponsored by Run Hub and is bound to attract a few with lofty ambitions!

Entry is from the club website http://www.dunshaughlinac.com/10k.asp

So who fancies their chances of a new pb on a fast course ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Just registered last night. I've heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Great race and course, and got my PB there 2 years ago...

The hill at mile 5 is a killer if you have emptied yourself at that stage.

Looking forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I'm in, best race of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I'm in too, really enjoyed last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Love this race - PBed two years ago but missed last years - hoping for another PB this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Love it too, I've only done 3 10ks, all last year, this was 2nd, twas the fastest by 2 mins plus . Could've been me, could've been the course, could've been the evening start, could've been the 22 degrees the car was showing on the drive down. The 2nd half which includes the hill, seems still to run faster than the first if my memory serves me.

This year, this race is mine :pac: :pac: :pac: (I mean the race for 200th place of course) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

The Michael Manning Memorial Dunshaughlin 10km Road Race organised by Dunshaughlin AC has opened for entries and at just €15 to enter (+ online registration fee), it's got to be one of the best road races on the calendar. Also, a new course record bonus of €500 for men and women is sponsored by Run Hub and is bound to attract a few with lofty ambitions!

Entry is from the club website http://www.dunshaughlinac.com/10k.asp

So who fancies their chances of a new pb on a fast course ?

Thanks for the reminder, I ran it with a friend last year but think he'll be leaving me in his dust this time round but anyway I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

I'm in! First timer last year. Agree with JMSE above that the second half is faster even though it has that hill. Lovely course and amazing post-race spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Streak101

Does this fill up quickly or can you enter on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

This race is my favourite, got my pb there 2 years ago - not so great last year though! Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

@streak101, fairly sure i just paid on the day last year, cant see how there'd be limits for numbers, the start could not be wider unless it was on Bettystown with the tide out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ok, I'm in - first 10k :cool: - good to have a focus

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

in

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

How many usually take part in this??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

colin32 wrote: »
    How many usually take part in this??

890 in 2014
    668 in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Just entered too. :)

kit3 wrote: »
    ok, I'm in - first 10k :cool: - good to have a focus

So much for entering early - May be in trouble with this - my brother will be on a rare one day visit to Dublin with his daughter & can only call in in the evening on his way home - just can't be missing for a variety of reasons :( - will only really know closer to the day so going to work towards it & keep my fingers crossed - will be really disappointed if I can't do it but will do something around then (if only a parkrun !!!) Fingers crossed it works out

So much for entering early - May be in trouble with this - my brother will be on a rare one day visit to Dublin with his daughter & can only call in in the evening on his way home - just can't be missing for a variety of reasons :( - will only really know closer to the day so going to work towards it & keep my fingers crossed - will be really disappointed if I can't do it but will do something around then (if only a parkrun !!!) Fingers crossed it works out

If you can't do this there's a crusaders 5k on the Thursday two days beforehand. I could be a doubt for dunshaughlin also and like you won't know until closer. So that'll be my plan if I have to change things around.

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    If you can't do this there's a crusaders 5k on the Thursday two days beforehand. I could be a doubt for dunshaughlin also and like you won't know until closer. So that'll be my plan if I have to change things around.

Thanks Laura - had seen that but it's the little one's birthday - I'd never be forgiven ! I'll sort something !

Thanks Laura - had seen that but it's the little one's birthday - I'd never be forgiven ! I'll sort something !

Yeah, you probably can't spin that one as a birthday related activity :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Kilbride 10k on the 16th June or Clonee 10k on 25th June are good alternatives either side of the Dunshaughlin 10k if you can't make it. Dublin Runner did kilbride last year if I recall correctly.

Would be a shame to put that 10k training to waste if you can't make Dunshaughlin.

wowzer wrote: »
    Kilbride 10k on the 16th June or Clonee 10k on 25th June are good alternatives either side of the Dunshaughlin 10k if you can't make it. Dublin Runner did kilbride last year if I recall correctly.

Would be a shame to put that 10k training to waste if you can't make Dunshaughlin.

Thanks for that - will look into both if needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

wowzer wrote: »

+1 for Kilbride 10k, good race on quiet country roads, it a two lap course that is flat and well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 5th wheel

Heard Dunshaughlin AC are holding a registration night this Thursday in the Pastoral Centre Dunshaughlin where T shirts and numbers can be picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

5th wheel wrote: »
    Heard Dunshaughlin AC are holding a registration night this Thursday in the Pastoral Centre Dunshaughlin where T shirts and numbers can be picked up.

Do you have to do the pickup on Thursday night or can it be done on the day of the race?

I registered online a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Omeceron wrote: »
    Do you have to do the pickup on Thursday night or can it be done on the day of the race?

I registered online a few weeks ago.
    You have always been able to pick-up numbers at the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vicrd

Does anyone know what time number collection is on Saturday?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

vicrd wrote: »

thanks
    Before the race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

vicrd wrote: »

thanks

I think I was there about an hour before the race last year and number collection was well underway, there does seem to be a lack of information for anyone who hasn't done it before, pity that. I think (and someone may correct me) number collection was in Dunshaughlin Community Centre and there is parking in the centre and beside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Will race collection on the day be at the Pastoral Centre too?

Advertisement