Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin 10km Road Race - June 20th -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Will race collection on the day be at the Pastoral Centre too?
    It's been here the last few years I did the race

• Registered Users Posts: 42 anfearruaaris

Some details for Saturday night -

Registration - Saturday 20th June - Registration is at the Community Centre behind the Dunshaughlin Community College. It will open at 17:30 and will close sharply at 19:10. The race start is located c.500m from registration HQ. All entrants will receive a race number that contains your timing chip (to be worn the front of your running vest). Pins will be available for all at registration. There will be water available for all competitors along the course and at the finish area. Maps of the run route will be on display at registration.

PLEASE NOTE - TEAMS MUST DECLARE BEFORE RACE AT RACE HQ – Any club who has competitors entered as part of a team MUST declare the club team to be eligible.

Car park locations
    • There is car parking at Dunshaughlin Community College / Centre.
    • We encourage people to carpool where possible as we are expecting a very big attendance for this year’s event. So please, if you are part of a club, pick up the phone, make a friend and carpool.
    • There will be NO PARKING on the roadside along the run route. PLEASE FOLLOW MARSHAL DIRECTIONS.
    • Dunshaughlin Community College / Community Centre are NOT liable or responsible for your car or contents left in your car.
    • There are no parking charges in Dunshaughlin.

Weather
    Temperature is forecast to be 18C-20C warm with a gentle to moderate west/southwest breeze.

Online Entry Will Be Open Until midnight Friday 19th June at €15 plus reg charge. http://registration.precisiontiming.net/events/preview?id=243&EventNAme=36th_Michael_Manning_Memorial_Dunshaughlin_10km_Road_Race_&_Fun_Run On the day entry is €20.

Have a safe and enjoyable race

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No sprinting for the line.
    Please cross the finish line in a controlled and safe manner, sprinting across the line, while dramatic,

can be dangerous and can risk injury to you and to fellow competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

ah now really :rolleyes:

It's the job of the race organisers to keep people moving once they finish, and keep space clear in the finish area. You can't tell runners to go slower to make things safer. You have to make things safe enough that runners can go fast!

• Advertisement

We're all fierce polite in this neck of the woods .. you go first .. ah no ... after you .. grand so ,, thank you!

It's more a reminder for people to exercise a little caution and common sense to know that there are others finishing too;)

We like fast ... it's a race for PB's!

pac_man wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is shower facilities for after the race?

There are showers at the community centre

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Cool, driving down to Kilkenny afterwards so that would be a good bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck to everyone running this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone running this.

+1 All the best folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Top 3:

Mark Christie 29.22
    Mick Clohisey 29.27
    Mark Kenneally 30.13

Krusty 33.11.
    adrian522 42.55
    Overpronator 37.26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Lizzie Lee 33:13 which I am pretty sure is a big course record

Overpronator: 37:36

Statss 39:49

nop: 46:07

Firedance 54:11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

D'mother got around in 55:13. She'll soon be 61. First O60 (I think) Mad yoke.

Fantastic race as per usual...love everything about it, challenging course with the "hills" in the 2nd half, the support from the locals, people calling out times, residents out serving water, great feed after and amazing weather...15 sec PB (36'33") for me which I'm happy about since I ran the Pride Run the night before and did my 2nd fastest 5k ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Really fantastic race. It was flat or downhill with a tail wind for first 6km and it got challenging for the next 2 and then flat for home.

10/10 for race organisation and a fine spread afterwards!

Not quite a pb at 46:50, but that's lack of training more than anything else.

Well done dunshaughlin for this really great race. Only down side was no XL tshirts, but not a big issue. If anyone wants it, I have a large tshirt.

Muppet man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yep, super race. My 5th Dunshaughlin and my 5th PB. Between the heat and head-wind, it was tough going in the second half, but it's such a great standard (particularly good this year), that you can't help but be dragged along to a good time. Ca't think of a better 10k race in the country.

Yep, super race. My 5th Dunshaughlin and my 5th PB. Between the heat and head-wind, it was tough going in the second half, but it's such a great standard (particularly good this year), that you can't help but be dragged along to a good time. Ca't think of a better 10k race in the country.

Did you have a sprint off with Lizzie?

What did you PB by out of curiosity Krusty? Rob Cross just beat you again.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Did you have a sprint off with Lizzie?
    Not really. She was ahead up to 9km, and I passed her with around 500m to go. She shouted at me to help her get home, as she was trying to break 33 minutes. I managed to drag her along for 100m, before I started to die a death, and she passed me again. My training buddy went past at this stage, so I jumped in behind him, and we all picked up the pace, finishing in 33:09/33:11/33:13.
    tang wrote:
    What did you PB by out of curiosity Krusty? Rob Cross just beat you again.
    25 seconds. I'm well used to Rob Cross beating me. :)

• Advertisement

25 seconds. I'm well used to Rob Cross beating me. :)

Serious fair play, 2 PBs in the week. I'll stop asking questions after this, whats the PB beer tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Any results up?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Any results up?

Precision Timing has them.

tang1 wrote: »
    Serious fair play, 2 PBs in the week. I'll stop asking questions after this, whats the PB beer tonight?
    Have to say, I let myself down in this regard. I really wanted to break 33 minutes. If I had done so, I'd have been over the moon and had a plan to call into my local decent offie, and ask them for the best beer they have available. Instead, I'm enjoying a selection of Founder's All Day IPA and Black's IPA, while watching Schindler's List. Definitely not a celebration movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Have to say, I let myself down in this regard. I really wanted to break 33 minutes. If I had done so, I'd have been over the moon and had a plan to call into my local decent offie, and ask them for the best beer they have available. Instead, I'm enjoying a selection of Founder's All Day IPA and Black's IPA, while watching Schindler's List. Definitely not a celebration movie!

Good beer choices, love the Black (if its the kinsale one in thinking of), up there with Kinnegar as the best Irish IPA.

, up there with Kinnegar as the best Irish IPA.

There Scraggy Bay? Favourite beer at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

There Scraggy Bay? Favourite beer at the minute.

The very one Tang, its savage stuff isnt it. My current favourite too, very similar to the American IPAs like Goose Island or Odell's.

Edit: Apologies for derailing the thread, as you were!

Edit: Apologies for derailing the thread, as you were!

Thats why i didn't reply, it is a nice IPA though. Back on track, sorry.

Thats why i didn't reply, it is a nice IPA though. Back on track, sorry.

Went with founders centennial IPA myself tonight, very tasty beer. A close second to lagunitas amongst american IPA's for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Well done Krusty, it was damm hot out there & your second pb in a week - inspirational:-)

Advertisement