Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning pram?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi

Not sure if right place but don't know where else to post. Have a bugaboo but we are due our second so invested in a second hand Out N About. It was supposed to be immaculate but it is dirthy. I have removed the sections in seats and the foot muffs and put into a hand wash in machine. Good to give it 2-3 runs to make sure clean

It is the main unit I am not sure what to do. So I have removed all the fabric off the steel section(it was screwed on). Not I have it off but it won't fit into washing machine. I was thinking of running a bath and putting in with a bit of washing up powder?

Is there any other options? will I need to scrub with brush then?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi

Not sure if right place but don't know where else to post. Have a bugaboo but we are due our second so invested in a second hand Out N About. It was supposed to be immaculate but it is dirthy. I have removed the sections in seats and the foot muffs and put into a hand wash in machine. Good to give it 2-3 runs to make sure clean

It is the main unit I am not sure what to do. So I have removed all the fabric off the steel section(it was screwed on). Not I have it off but it won't fit into washing machine. I was thinking of running a bath and putting in with a bit of washing up powder?

Is there any other options? will I need to scrub with brush then?

Thanks

Big nelly I have no idea how big it is....but what size is your washing machine? Is it a small one? If so maybe a family member or neighbour might have a 8kg that will let you see it if fits in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Millem wrote: »
    Big nelly I have no idea how big it is....but what size is your washing machine? Is it a small one? If so maybe a family member or neighbour might have a 8kg that will let you see it if fits in?

The Out N About is big, the 2 pieces won't fit in any washing machine

First has steel bar sewn into it and the second part has wooden bits so they won't fit in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Big Nelly wrote: »
    The Out N About is big, the 2 pieces won't fit in any washing machine

First has steel bar sewn into it and the second part has wooden bits so they won't fit in.....

Oh gosh I can't even imagine it :confused:
    I am nearly sure there is a mobile company who clean buggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

http://www.readingmytealeaves.com/2015/04/make-your-own-upholstery-cleaner.html

Would something like this work? I used a similar method on a buggy and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Quite a few car valeting places do a special clean on prams and buggies, I know my local place does a fantastic job and I recently saw a company on donedeal advertising in dublin, thepramwash.com.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a double out n about and I use the hand held steamer to clean it and also scrub it with milton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Small update on this, I ended up as mentioned in original post stripping off all the material. Put it into a hot bath with fairy non-bio powder over night. Water was filthy in morning. So drained it out and rinsed down everything with shower to make sure the cleaning agent was gone.

Still not impressed to be honest so I bought a scrubbing brush, ran a hot bath again and put some washing powder in. Standard bio this time. So I more or less gave a quick scrub over everything. Spent about 50-60 mins at it to be honest. Would have spent longer but little one decided after 40 mins she wanted to give me a hand and it got messy then. Water was filthy, really I would have like to do it again the same but little one wanted to get stuck in....

So same process as before, washed everything down with shower to make sure all detergent washed off it. then let it dry down in bathroom. Fired it back onto frame last night and let it finish off drying there.

Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Really should have took some more before & after photos....

I also picked up some AutoGlym Interior shampoo on recommendation of a mate who uses for car seats and will give them entire thing a run over with that this evening.

Happy so far with my job, a bit of work and some of the screws are really awkward but I think it will be looking good when I am finished./

Advertisement