Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from Soccermanager for trolling

Options
  • 06-05-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been banned for trolling on the soccermanager forum. I feel as though it's unjust as I didn't insult anyone I just made a simple comment that something made me LOL...

I've even stated multiple times on thread that there was nothing personal between myself and the manager in question and it's been portrayed as me trying to get a rise out of him, which is not the case...

Thing is he posted a comment that was wildly inaccurate and I posted that it made me LOL.... Hardly trolling. It's not up to new to keep this memeber abreast of the latest comings and goings in the football world!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi tupac_healy, I'll be handling this DRP query for you.

Before we begin, could you confirm if you've followed the DRP steps as laid out above? If you're on the touch site, you can check them here:
    http://b-static.net/images/faq/DRP_Flowchart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'll PM said mod now!

Great, thanks! Let us know how it goes, if you guys settle it or if you need me to look into it further.

Have done, heard back...

No luck!

Ok, could you please forward me on the PMs so I can have a read? I'll review the posts concerned too.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Ok, could you please forward me on the PMs so I can have a read? I'll review the posts concerned too.

Lord TSC said he will be sending you basically the PM that he sent to me... My sent box is showing as 0 do I don't have anything to send!!!

Sorry I can't help further

Yeah, he has indeed sent the PMs on to me now. I have to say, it really does not help when you open the dialogue with a clear display that you're not even trying to resolve matters with the mod.

Having reviewed the warnings that you were given, I cannot say that I see much to redeem you in the tone or the manner of the posts. It is clear that there is some bad blood between you and a number of other posters, but rather than simply ignore these posters and continue on with discussing Soccer Manager (Which, going by your contributions to the forum, is clearly something that you have a passion for), you seem to taunt or goad these posters. This brings the tone of the whole thread down and makes it a less pleasant place to post for everyone, which is why this kind of behaviour merits a warning. In the past three weeks, you have had three such warnings, two of which have been since the two card rule was brought into play, resulting in your subsequent one week ban.

Given the previous similar bans that you'd incurred from the Soccer forum, you know that this kind of posting does not go down well, and is not accepted, so you really should know better at this stage.

What I would suggest is to take this one week ban as a strong suggestion to tone down your posts, and to try to be less antagonistic (and trust me, I know you're not the only one posting such posts on the forum) in your dealings with the other posters. You can, and have contribute in a better manner to the forum, so would be a loss to the forum, but should this continue, then the mods will have no option but to apply further, longer bans or a permanent ban from the forum. Neither of you wish to see that happen.

As I cannot see any grounds for overturning the warning (and 'Trolling' is only selected from a limited list of options, and there's no 'winding up the other posters needlessly' option) then I am upholding the warning and the subsequent ban.

Should you still believe that the warning was without undeserved, then you may ask for an admin to review my decision.

Yeah, he has indeed sent the PMs on to me now. I have to say, it really does not help when you open the dialogue with a clear display that you're not even trying to resolve matters with the mod.

Having reviewed the warnings that you were given, I cannot say that I see much to redeem you in the tone or the manner of the posts. It is clear that there is some bad blood between you and a number of other posters, but rather than simply ignore these posters and continue on with discussing Soccer Manager (Which, going by your contributions to the forum, is clearly something that you have a passion for), you seem to taunt or goad these posters. This brings the tone of the whole thread down and makes it a less pleasant place to post for everyone, which is why this kind of behaviour merits a warning. In the past three weeks, you have had three such warnings, two of which have been since the two card rule was brought into play, resulting in your subsequent one week ban.

Given the previous similar bans that you'd incurred from the Soccer forum, you know that this kind of posting does not go down well, and is not accepted, so you really should know better at this stage.

What I would suggest is to take this one week ban as a strong suggestion to tone down your posts, and to try to be less antagonistic (and trust me, I know you're not the only one posting such posts on the forum) in your dealings with the other posters. You can, and have contribute in a better manner to the forum, so would be a loss to the forum, but should this continue, then the mods will have no option but to apply further, longer bans or a permanent ban from the forum. Neither of you wish to see that happen.

As I cannot see any grounds for overturning the warning (and 'Trolling' is only selected from a limited list of options, and there's no 'winding up the other posters needlessly' option) then I am upholding the warning and the subsequent ban.

Should you still believe that the warning was without undeserved, then you may ask for an admin to review my decision.

No need for that, I accept.....

I did have a big long response typed to pick apart and dissect ever aspect of this 'disagreement' but to be honest, I thought to myself the end result will not change and I've come up with an alternative...

So instead of breaking boards rules I'm just going to abuse those who have abuse me UN-OPPOSED for OVER a year over on the SM news feed, I have members that will testify to this, it is true, I've been getting verbal abuse and turned a blind eye to it as I was told the mods would take care of this and nothing.... I've been badly let down by the SM mod team and you say yourself that I've made massive contributions and suddenly there as a change... See the mods will tell you that there was a change in my behavioral posting but not the why..... That's interesting..... Not at all unexpected though :rolleyes:

Anyhow, as I said, I will just do what has been done to me and move on. I did suggest to the mods that they may as well just scrap the boards SM rules entirely as the news-feed is beyond reproach, apparently.... Sure, just today a fellow member typed word for word what I did to get a second yellow and he's just sitting there laughing at my ban, remind me again why we even bother having the rules on boards? Sure if I want to break them I can just pop over to another site (the site on which the game is BASED AND MEMBERS ARE INEXPLICABLY LINKED! I've gone through many pains to make that point in the past) and destroy the boards rules there.....

So yeah, for sure, I fired back after taking over a full year of abuse on the site from which this game is based without retaliation on the promise of better days, which was a false claim....

I just want those on the other side of this to be held accountable for their posts, ALL posts in relation to SM, they are killing the game world and making genuine members like me loose interest.....

It's a shame, as I now have literally zero interest on boards because of this and the news feed will just continue along un-punished...

Shame, just a shame :( was a good game and all......

I would encourage you to rise above this rather than to stoop to that level of this is the reason for the degradation of your posting.

However,the mods cannot take action based on something off site, though if this is indeed going on, I would suggest that you take screen capture of such activity, as it's not on in what is supposed to be a community.

FYI though, the mods didn't tell me that there was a change in the quality of your posting, or why, I can see that there was for myself, just not the why, save for a small number of players taking pot shots at each other.

I would recommend being the bigger person though, and putting the posters that are at this behaviour on ignore, or to simply report any offensive posts and let the mods deal with them instead, rather than engaging and landing yourself in it instead.

I would encourage you to rise above this rather than to stoop to that level of this is the reason for the degradation of your posting.

However,the mods cannot take action based on something off site, though if this is indeed going on, I would suggest that you take screen capture of such activity, as it's not on in what is supposed to be a community.

FYI though, the mods didn't tell me that there was a change in the quality of your posting, or why, I can see that there was for myself, just not the why, save for a small number of players taking pot shots at each other.

I would recommend being the bigger person though, and putting the posters that are at this behaviour on ignore, or to simply report any offensive posts and let the mods deal with them instead, rather than engaging and landing yourself in it instead.

That's my point, I did do that, I was the bigger person for over a year and still it continued, un-opposed, under the impression that the mods will get a handle on these lads and deal with them accordingly... and nothing...

I've no faith in the SM mod team, well not ALL but some, and being the person I am I've told them as much, as you can see from my postings, I'm not one to hide from the truth of matters or make things up to argue my case, I admit full well I trolled modo...

You suggest being the bigger man and ignoring it, so if I do that again and they continue on (with no encouragement from me) as they have done in the past, what do you suggest then?

• Advertisement

Was this occurring on boards or on the SM site?

If it was on SM, then I'm afraid that our moderators cannot act based on that, so what I would suggest is that you take screen captures of any abuse there and simulation those to the moderators or administrators of the site.

If it is occurring on Boards, either on thread or via PM, then report those posts and the mods will deal with it. If it's a PM, that goes straight to the admins will deal with it.

Either way, continuing to post in the name you have well have to mean that you will face further action, so as suggested, report it and let the mods deal with it,so they get the infractions/warnings/bans instead of you.

Advertisement