Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home IP Camera-Monitor

Options
  • 06-05-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have an external IP camera setup and accessible from both inside and outside local network and on mobile devices etc. Currently looking into displaying the camera image permanently on a display/monitor in the kitchen instead of having to check phone etc. What would be the best solution? I'd guess perhaps a cheapy cheap android tablet constantly running and showing the image? Basically looking for suggestions for something cheap and cheerful that would work on the wi-fi

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

How do you access the feed? Via a browser?

A raspberry pi would be ideal if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Its just a generic Tenvis camera that I have saving images to my Synology NAS. So I can access through web browser/android app etc. I'm basically looking for a cheap display that would run 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

The cheapest thing with a web browser then. A raspberry pi or a cheap android media box can be picked up very cheap or as you said a cheap tablet would do the trick.

Advertisement