Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Help

• 06-05-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I'm currently in fifth year and wondering about the options for section A in the leaving cert paper. Do you recommend studying the novel 'Sin Noticias de Gurb' and is it a better option than the journalistic text? Also, is the novel always read in Spanish or is there an English version available as most questions in the exam paper seem to be answering in English or do you recommend reading it in Spanish and just translating and taking notes in English? Any responses greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Thomas_S_

Forgot to add that my teacher does not intend on studying the novel in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Codswapple

My teacher says there are generally only a few candidates that go for the novel, and those that do generally read it in forth year. Its up to you but i wouldnt recommend it. The journalistics texts can look quite difficult in fifth year but they are too bad once you do a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Thomas_S_

Codswapple wrote: »
    My teacher says there are generally only a few candidates that go for the novel, and those that do generally read it in forth year. Its up to you but i wouldnt recommend it. The journalistics texts can look quite difficult in fifth year but they are too bad once you do a few!

Thanks Codswapple! :)

Advertisement