Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brother sewing machine

Options
  • 06-05-2015 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a problem with a new sewing machine. Its a brother xl5012. The reverse lever seems to be stuck in reverse..will not let me sew forward. Machine was never used but was in storage for a while so no warranty. Anybody else ever have this problem and solved it themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It it was in storage and used with out a service out oiling first, one of the gears is probably stuck. You really need to get it to a dealer.

There's nothing I can think of on the machine that with engage the reverse until you press another button.

Do you have the manual, if so look up reverse stitch.

Or you are really brave you could open up the base and have a look but I wouldn't recommend it.

Advertisement