Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House hunters: Are property prices coming down in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there buying a house at the moment. It seems to me like prices aren't necessarily going down but the frantic bidding has cooked off. Does anyone think prices are actually coming down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Frantic bidding does seem to have cooled off.

You might get better answers by providing more detail; What price range/areas are you looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I concur with my learned friend.

As per the property market thread. Expect a single digit rise in Dublin prices this year, low double digits for apartments but I'm less sure of that one now.

Over 500K market will see a stagnation/small rise, decreases in some areas.

Sub 400K, Sub 300K and sub 200K are all seeing increases and silly bids in some cases while the CB rules come into force.

Commuter belt will see upward pressure also.

Outside of Dublin/commuter I can only parrot what I've read that increases are also likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

CSO reports are saying it was going down in Jan and Feb and slightly back up in March.

For what I am looking at, it seems like to me there is a bit less interest though.

Advertisement