Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackstairs AR

Options
  • 06-05-2015 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Well it's over for 2015 but I think it deserves a thread if its own. I know a few from around here, myself included, did the 5 or 7 steps so it might be good for future years if we record our experiences while they're fresh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

I did the 7 steps, first time ever doing anything like this.

Great race, friendly, helpful and plentiful volunteers, challenging course, super quiet roads and a great atmosphere around the whole race. Highly recommended.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I was sorry to miss it this year. It has a unique 'village' atmosphere, and a fantastic route. The second run is ridiculous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Another vote from me my 3rd year doing it as it's just over the road ..did the 5 step ... Great race , really well ran event ,great food afterwards and sore legs for days after !!! what more could you ask for . Just missed the podium but won vets.. See there is advantages of being old ...
    I would love to see a bigger entry as they work very hard at this event .. It's totally ran by a GAA club .... So well done to them ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Popping down on Sunday for the 7Steps. Any advice? Tips? Things to look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dapower

A great race, suited to good kayakers and runners. What I like most is the community involvement and support, there's a great atmosphere along the way and at the finish in the GAA club. I'm missing it again this year - good memories of 3 years down there. https://dapower.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/blackstairs-adventure-race-my-first-win/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Popping down on Sunday for the 7Steps. Any advice? Tips? Things to look out for?

Hold back till you're descending the second run. Or you'll regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

dapower wrote:
    A great race, suited to good kayakers and runners. What I like most is the community involvement and support, there's a great atmosphere along the way and at the finish in the GAA club. I'm missing it again this year - good memories of 3 years down there.

Great blog post. Many thanks for that.

Advertisement