Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for a dog trainer in Dublin 6 area?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have a Golden Retriever who is nearly a year old, he has been to DSPCA classes and is generally well behaved in the house. However he pulls full force when on walks, he is around 30kg and very strong too (male, un-neutered).

I have used chest harnesses, and "head" leads too, but none for them were that effective. The DSPCA trainers said he would "grow out of it" but he has not.

Would a trainer be able to take him out for a few walks and teach him "Loose Lead" or even just not to drop him body into a "Pulling" mode, how many lessons could that take?

I see the likes of Cesar Milian being able to starting training a dog instantly, I know its probably staged/filmed in a certain way to exaggerate his skills :rolleyes:, but I just wondered.

Thanks for any advice. :)

PS treats do not work! (even if he is hungry)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

What you see on Cesar Milan is severely edited highlights. He's a sham. But I'll leave that argument right there.
    Grow out of pulling on the lead? Huh? Not the first time I've heard the same line from that neck of the woods though.
    This is not going to be a quick-fix op, but there is one trainer who covers your area who's pretty damn good at teaching loose-lead work. She will equip you with what you need to continue the work properly.
    She's Emmaline Duffy-Fallon of www.citizencanineireland.com.
    A gem of a trainer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HomeBoyDeluxe

Thanks for that, I will contact her to see what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eirdulin

I would recommend Tag n Rye Dog Services and/or Dogwise. They both offer training in your home environment if you are unable to get to them.

Advertisement