Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6

• 06-05-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I got a new iPhone 6 4 months ago and the camera on the front looks like it's out of place the camera is working fine but I think this will cause problems down the road at some stage. Can anyone give me any advice? Should I ring my service provider or apple?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If it's working fine, its probably not out of place!!

Can you post a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doyler55

I put it up against my friends iPhone6 the other day that's how I new something was up it just looks weird. I think I'll get onto Vodafone to see what they can do for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

i've seen stories of this on reddit, if it looks like a half moon or crescent moon it's the display slipping. I think a few people had mentioned apple realigned it, googling it might find other similar cases.

hopefully it isn't something too bad to fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Happened to mine three times now. Apple replaced the screen free of charge and were pretty good about it. Since the last time it's come back, though....doesn't affect the camera but is a bit annoying to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 doyler55

Zcott wrote: »
    Happened to mine three times now. Apple replaced the screen free of charge and were pretty good about it. Since the last time it's come back, though....doesn't affect the camera but is a bit annoying to look at.

Three times? I think I'll just leave it the camera is working fine. I don't think I could go with out the phone for more than a day. I'm an iPhone junkie now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

doyler55 wrote: »
    Three times? I think I'll just leave it the camera is working fine. I don't think I could go with out the phone for more than a day. I'm an iPhone junkie now

Call Apple, they'll probably just give you a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

doyler55 wrote: »

I went without my iPhone for 7 weeks lol, Sent my iPhone 5 back to have a button replaced, Apple / UPS lost it, eventually just gave upwaiting and bought a Z3 which is great. Apple replaced it eventually anyway but now I’m contemplating going back to an iPhone as I do miss it.

Not sure if I should get the 6 or 6+ and this problem you have is what is keeping me from a 6 as I’ve read quite a bit about it, all of which can be fixed by returning it to Apple, it just seems to keep coming back so I am not sure if it is worth the hassle of dealing with it

If it keeps bothering you then you should definitely return it, you are entitled to have it bug / issue free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

AFAIK only the space grey iPhone 6 (not the plus) has this issue. So just avoid that model if that's what keeping you from buying it...
    Already a topic on this here: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057401337

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

flyguy wrote: »
    AFAIK only the space grey iPhone 6 (not the plus) has this issue. So just avoid that model if that's what keeping you from buying it...
    Already a topic on this here: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057401337

No, my silver model has it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement