Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

D12 Autos

Options
  • 06-05-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Has anyone bought a car from D12 autos on the Naas rd? What was the experience like & how was the car? if you had any hassle with the car did they honour the warranty? Any info is greatly appreciated. Seen a few very nice cars there for a very good price nut I'm just not sure if its too good to be true? Thank you for your help!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In business a year. I'd tread carefully, there are a lot of dealers that come and go in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

We got our focus from them a few months back, they were nice, gave us a good deal on the trade in and were very helpful.

I had to go back as the car didn't have ISO fix points even though the lads said it did so they got them fitted for me at their cost.

The cars is up for Nct next month and they said when we bought it they will cover any failures so we'll see how that goes!

Overall I was happy enough, it was my first experience with a dealer as I've bought my last 8 cars privately I was presently surprised.

Pretty sure they deal specifically in UK imports just to be aware of. Doesn't bother me, actually I prefer a UK import than an Irish car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DonnachaQS

Thanks Both. Colm I seen that & was a bit sceptical myself. Good to hear that though slinky just when the price seems so much better than elsewhere it leads me to question it but maybe as there UK imports they can go cheaper. I will run a full uk check on it anyway before I buy to make sure it doesn't have any finance or hasn't been wrote off, etc.

If anyone else has any experience of them would be great to hear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The current exchange rates mean cars from the UK are not that much cheaper like for like.

Something I did notice was some of their ads where inaccurate, looks like some copy and pasting of specs etc, so just check the car over when looking at it and make sure you're happy.

Like some said half leather when they didn't and one said a car was a 1.6 when it was a 2.0 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 duignad

Hi
    Just wondering if you ended up buying from D12 Autos...? I'm looking for a UK import myself and have just come across their dealership. Most of their prices seem too good to be true in my opinion.....
    Cheers

As I said we bought a UK import focus off them in March and everything was fine. Couldn't fault them really.

Just an update on this. We bought our car in Janurary/February and the first NCT was due in July. They said whatever it failed on they would fix, which is fair enough.

So NCT time just came and it failed on emissions which in fairness to them they took and say they've fixed. I'll know when I do the re test next week if they did actually fix it or not.

What has bothered me is the car STANK of smoke after they had it. The car clearly is used for kids because of the baby seat in the back, colorful window shades, toys in the back etc. At what point did they think it was acceptable to smoke and leave cigarette wrappers in our car.

Absolutely fuming with this. I'll know more next when the NCT retest comes around to see if they actually done something or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 duignad

Thanks for the update. I've a baby so I totally get where you are coming from and I'd be furious also. That sort of thing speaks volumes.... I was actually planning on visiting them next week but think I'll avoid them now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

duignad wrote: »
    Thanks for the update. I've a baby so I totally get where you are coming from and I'd be furious also. That sort of thing speaks volumes.... I was actually planning on visiting them next week but think I'll avoid them now. Cheers.

Really? I know the fag smell might be rotten for a while buy he has highlighted how a dealer has now honoured something twice.......While we should expect that as the norm it is not. I applaud their customer service actually bar the smoking thing and owner might not be aware of this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement