Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ge security simon security system - ex-phonewatch

Options
  • 06-05-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All,

I need help, like many other posters that I've browsed over the past few weeks, I am an ex-phonewatch customer due to their massive increase in their costs.

I'm lucky enough that I recorded the engineers code when it was last serviced, and with playing around with the control panel, I have figured out how to change the system to call my mobile phone by changing 3 options on the panel to my mobile number. (I don't know if I needed to change the three options, but I just changed whenever it said a number I thought was outgoing to a phonewatch 01-2... number

Problem is, when I tested, it rang my phone, relentlessly and now I don't know how to do the next step of telling the system to stop ringing me and reset the alarm, and whether I can do that remotely or if I'll always have to be standing in front of the panel?

For now I've disabled the three options by getting them to just dial 01 - so it notified that calls failed and stopped ringing (or so I think)

thanks in advance for any advice
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do all of the following

Drop the front lid & enter the engineer code.
    Delete option 04 and done.
    Delete option 05 and done.
    Delete option 06 and done.
    Add option 43 enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring &done.
    Add option 44, 10 and done.
    Add option 17, 20 and done.

For option 17 some Simon panels need to see 3 digits if so

Add option 17, 020 and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cazmaz_irl

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do all of the following

OMG, thank you for such a speedy response, I'll give that all a go and reply again

Do all of the following

Hi Koolaid,

I've set all the parameters as you described, what will happen if I set off the alarm?

I'm asking as its late and I don't want to upset my neighbours by testing for longer than necessary.

thanks again

C.

Do all of the following

Hi Koolkid,

I've set all the parameters as you described, what will happen if I set off the alarm?

I'm asking as its late and I don't want to upset my neighbours by testing for longer than necessary.

thanks again

C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will call the phone number you programmed into option 43.

• Advertisement

It will call the phone number you programmed into option 43.

Thank you Koolkid, that works perfectly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

cazmaz_irl wrote: »
    Hi All,

I need help, like many other posters that I've browsed over the past few weeks, I am an ex-phonewatch customer due to their massive increase in their costs.

I'm lucky enough that I recorded the engineers code when it was last serviced, and with playing around with the control panel, I have figured out how to change the system to call my mobile phone by changing 3 options on the panel to my mobile number. (I don't know if I needed to change the three options, but I just changed whenever it said a number I thought was outgoing to a phonewatch 01-2... number

Problem is, when I tested, it rang my phone, relentlessly and now I don't know how to do the next step of telling the system to stop ringing me and reset the alarm, and whether I can do that remotely or if I'll always have to be standing in front of the panel?

For now I've disabled the three options by getting them to just dial 01 - so it notified that calls failed and stopped ringing (or so I think)

thanks in advance for any advice

Do you know what version software is on the system?
    The newer versions can be set up to ring 2 numbers as opposed just one number.

altor wrote: »
    Do you know what version software is on the system?
    The newer versions can be set up to ring 2 numbers as opposed just one number.

Hi Altor, I don't know which softerware version I have, can I ask you a question, can phonewatch still communicate with my box without my knowledge, and reset what I have changed?

cheers,
    C.

Hi Altor, I don't know which softerware version I have, can I ask you a question, can phonewatch still communicate with my box without my knowledge, and reset what I have changed?

cheers,
    C.

The easiest way to check is to down power the system, mains and battery.
    When you power the system back up it will say, system 4.2 is ok.
    That is the latest version.

When you delete option 06 it removes the ability for P.W. to get into your system remotely.
    It is the tool box number. They now have no way of dialing in.
    That is why when I told people how to set it up, I made sure option 6 was deleted.
    Option 4 and 5 are the numbers the system dials the monitoring station on.

The easiest way to check is to down power the system, mains and battery.
    When you power the system back up it will say, system 4.2 is ok.
    That is the latest version.

When you delete option 06 it removes the ability for P.W. to get into your system remotely.
    It is the tool box number. They now have no way of dialing in.
    That is why when I told people how to set it up, I made sure option 6 was deleted.
    Option 4 and 5 are the numbers the system dials the monitoring station on.

Aww you guys are so good!!!!!! Thanks again :D

• Advertisement

Delighted to be able to help. Did you get it all sorted?

Aww you guys are so good!!!!!! Thanks again :D

Always happy to help, did you change option 17?
    I would change it to a lower time than 20 seconds.
    00 would be more appropriate with all the P.W system attacks.

Always happy to help, did you change option 17?
    I would change it to a lower time than 20 seconds.
    00 would be more appropriate with all the P.W system attacks.

Hi Altor, yep I'm sorted and I deleted option 17, I wish I'd know all this stuff earlier, I paid phonewatch for years for SFA, they must have noticed something on their tracking because they rang my landline and mobile today and its the first time in months I've heard from them. Needless to say both calls went unanswered :D

Hi Altor, yep I'm sorted and I deleted option 17, I wish I'd know all this stuff earlier, I paid phonewatch for years for SFA, they must have noticed something on their tracking because they rang my landline and mobile today and its the first time in months I've heard from them. Needless to say both calls went unanswered :D

Hi cazmaz_irl,

I would say they noticed no weekly call from the system :D
    With the way things are going re P.W. systems this should be set as low as possible 00, thats my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Scolopax

Hi guys,

I've just cancelled Phonewatch and am trying to reprogram my Simon 3 panel.
    Is it essential that options 04, 05 and 06 are deleted as I cannot access them ?
    I have added 43, 44 and 17 (at 10 seconds).

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you have a sub engineer code.

OK, is there any way to find out the main code ?
    Or does it matter if I don't delete 04,05, & 06 ?

Thanks.

You can contact phonewatch or some other licenced company. We are not allowed to help with engineer codes here anymore.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm back again with two more questions regarding my same alarm system if anybody is able to help me again.

My system battery is low and by watching a few YouTube tutorials I've figured out how to remove it, but I dont know what type battery it is cuz phonewatch stuck a sticker over the area and I dont know where I could buy one even if I knew the type?

My 2nd question is, Is it possible to disarm the alarm remotely through my phone when the system does ring me to tell me a sensor has gone off??

Its happened a few times whilst I've been hours away from home and my neighbours complain they have to listen to my alarm until I eventually return to manually disarm.

• Advertisement

Bring the battery with you to any suppliers and they should have what you need. Post a pic up and we can tell you also.
    There is no easy way to set up remote control of your alarm AFAIK.

Hi, I'm back again with two more questions regarding my same alarm system if anybody is able to help me again.

My system battery is low and by watching a few YouTube tutorials I've figured out how to remove it, but I dont know what type battery it is cuz phonewatch stuck a sticker over the area and I dont know where I could buy one even if I knew the type?

My 2nd question is, Is it possible to disarm the alarm remotely through my phone when the system does ring me to tell me a sensor has gone off??

Its happened a few times whilst I've been hours away from home and my neighbours complain they have to listen to my alarm until I eventually return to manually disarm.

The battery you need for the Simon is a 6 V 3.8 Ah Rechargeable Lead-Acid.

The system can be controlled remotely if you have a phone line connected to the system.
    Here is a link to the user manual off the system, its all explained on page 10 ;)

Bring the battery with you to any suppliers and they should have what you need. Post a pic up and we can tell you also.
    There is no easy way to set up remote control of your alarm AFAIK.

Thanks KK, I'm still trying to figure out how to post a pic or an attachment, I mightnt have enough posts yet for that feature :)

The battery you need for the Simon is a 6 V 3.8 Ah Rechargeable Lead-Acid.

The system can be controlled remotely if you have a phone line connected to the system.
    [Here[/URL] is a link to the user manual off the system, its all explained on page 10 ;)

Thanks Altor, you really are a star, I've another dopey question, is calling the panel, dialling my home phone number?

Its that or a mobile number if theres a GSM in it.

Thanks Altor, you really are a star, I've another dopey question, is calling the panel, dialling my home phone number?

Yes that correct. You need to dial your home phone number to control the system.

It wont work using a GSM if one is connected.

Its that or a mobile number if theres a GSM in it.
    Yes that correct. You need to dial your home phone number to control the system.

It wont work using a GSM if one is connected.

Thanks Guys, I'd be lost without your advice, its a landline and I've successfully dialled in :D

Thanks Guys, I'd be lost without your advice, its a landline and I've successfully dialled in :D

Brilliant, glad you have it all working :D

Advertisement