Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from uk PSplus to Irish

Options
  • 06-05-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I have a uk ps plus account as when I originally got a ps3 I was in the uk and when I got the ps4 I just signed up to ps plus account without thinking. With the exchange rate the way it is now the Irish account is slightly cheaper. Is there any way I can swap it over without having to pay a full subscription again?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

You can create an Irish PS+ account easily but you will lose any games with your UK PS+ account once that subscription lapses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

RedXIV wrote: »
    You can create an Irish PS+ account easily but you will lose any games with your UK PS+ account once that subscription lapses

But would have to pay the subscription again? when you say lose games i presume you mean the free ones? not the ones purchased?

Is PS+ store much cheaper than buying a game instore for new releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

etxp wrote: »
    But would have to pay the subscription again? when you say lose games i presume you mean the free ones? not the ones purchased?

Is PS+ store much cheaper than buying a game instore for new releases?

Yes a new subscription to the Irish PS+ would be needed. Any games you purchased outright will be ok and are yours forever more but once your UK PS+ expires you lose access to any of the free games you have collected with it.

Yes a new subscription to the Irish PS+ would be needed. Any games you purchased outright will be ok and are yours forever more but once your UK PS+ expires you lose access to any of the free games you have collected with it.

Luckily I haven't bought anything from ps+ or downloaded any of the free games! I might aswell just stick with this subscription for the year and then change over!

Games are cheaper in the shop it seems?

It depends on what you buy I suppose but a PS+ subscription isn't required to buy games. It will however give you a discount on some games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Luckily I haven't bought anything from ps+ or downloaded any of the free games! I might aswell just stick with this subscription for the year and then change over!

Games are cheaper in the shop it seems?

Most people wouldn't consider that lucky.

If you've got a year stick with it as there no benefit to changing now, you can still buy games off the Irish PSN store and physical retail games with no issue.

Varik wrote: »
    Most people wouldn't consider that lucky.

If you've got a year stick with it as there no benefit to changing now, you can still buy games off the Irish PSN store and physical retail games with no issue.

Nothing that was free interested me anyway! Can I change which store I shop from?

Nothing that was free interested me anyway! Can I change which store I shop from?

Yes. You will need to setup a new user account for whichever country you wish to make purchases from.

Advertisement