Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious lack of motivation

• 06-05-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im writing this to you all for help. It is 4 weeks exactly to the day of the exams starting and I haven't done any study this evening, I did none last night and I did 2 hours Monday. I am literally hitting a wall everytime I try to study. I have just lost all motivation. I got 375 points in the mocks but with little or no effort. I don't want crazy high points but I know on results day im going to be so disappointed. Ive tried everything to motivate myself though I really have- videos on youtube, watching students open up LC results from past years, quotes, pep talks literally everything. I still have a lot left to do. Don't get me wrong, I do want to do well but I just cannot bring myself to study. I do maths and French grinds but I still feel utterly unprepared for the maths exam. I know the night before every exam Im going to be cramming but honestly I had LCVP today and last night I did no study. I woke up this morning and reread the case study and that was it. Im not a bold student and Ive never been in trouble in school. Everyone expects great results from me and I really don't know what to do right now :(

Please help im getting desperate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Calm down.
    Remove any distractions from your study space. No access to your phone /laptop.
    Read your notes. Practice writing them out. Do exam paper questions.What ever works for you.
    Drink as much water as you can. Take active breaks- go outside ,get fresh air and do exercise.
    Take it from someone who did a lot of study for the lc and even more now.
    It's not as if I particularly enjoy it but I do it because it gets me where I want to be.
    Hard work pays off and people who work hard achieve their goals!
    I'm sure you want to get your cao choices. So study now and get on with it instead of being in the same position next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Rescueme0007

This may be a redundant suggestion, however here goes.

This may be a seminal point in your life. Give yourself the best opportunity to perform to your potential.

It may help to create a schedule for studying the various subjects. Try to identify where you'll get the best reward for the time and effort expended. Exercise a strict discipline in following the regime but also provide rewards to support endeavours.

Build in breaks and down time.

Try to get some decent exercise in every day and ensure that you sleep well. Having a good energy level aids concentration and retention. It's a very short period of time, but the rewards for putting in a decent effort can be substantial. Do not sell yourself short.

Focus on the quality of your study not the quantum and stay positive! The challenge is not insurmountable!

Bon chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

happened me aswell, dont tell yourself you will study and do it half arsed, take a full day off, do whatever relaxing thing you want to do, go gym/walk or whatever. DONT do any MEMORIZING work, demoralizes you more and unefficient, do comphrehension or non-memorizing e.g maths or write notes. Just a stage we all go through i assume, prob hit me again now in 2 weeks :(

Advertisement