Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late application

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Are the late applications for UCC closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Universities including UCC are not taking late applicants at this point. If you still want to get into a place for this year at 3rd level then you should try an IT

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AndThatsAFact

are you sure? I fairly sure ul and ucd are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Actually when I spoke to UL I got the impression they still would but that was ages ago so I don't know if it's changed since. I don't know about UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

CAO late application closing date was the 1st of May. After that you need to contact the colleges directly. They may or may not accept a direct application depending on the course but any applications that need to be submitted through CAO cannot be accepted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AndThatsAFact

paperclip2 wrote: »
    CAO late application closing date was the 1st of May. After that you need to contact the colleges directly. They may or may not accept a direct application depending on the course but any applications that need to be submitted through CAO cannot be accepted now.

I Have applied for courses at UL through the CAO since 1st of February but will that allow me to change my choice to a different collage? thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

there's a distinction to be made between 'late application' and 'change of mind'

https://www.cao.ie/?page=aboutCOM

as far as I know, we're past the point of 'late applications' (for any course applied to via CAO at least), but we are still within the 'change of mind' period... so check out that link I posted.

here's a key quote:
    Restricted-Application Courses which are added for the first time via a Change of Mind are invalid choices and will not be considered.

in otherwords, I believe this means you can change the order of your choices, but as far as adding a course that wasn't already on your list...well... as it says, it can't be a Restricted-Application Course ...

https://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=restrictedcourses&bb=restrictions

here's a key quote:
    Exception
    If a restricted course shares the exact same assessment procedures with a course you had applied for by 1st February (fulfilling conditions a) or b) above), you may be permitted to introduce it on a Change of Mind.

if all else fails,
    call CAO directly: (091) 509 800

and/or the admissions office of the college you want to to apply to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

What SameHorse said in essence :)

If you are a standard applicant, i.e. someone applying for a place on the basis of Leaving Cert or FETAC/ QQI results then you can change your options as often as you like and introduce new courses, new colleges etc. until 5.15pm on the 1st of July.

If you are applying as a mature student then there can be restrictions on introducing certain courses at this stage. The best bet is to decide what additional course you want to add to your existing application and then ask the relevant colleges if you can add them through change of mind.

Advertisement