Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello, I've been having speed issues since I had fibre installed. I was told by an eircom agent that my line can take 40mb max. Eircom line checker also confirms this. I've had engineers out a few times over the year but only today the engineer said that my line can only take 26mb. I believe I was sold efibre on a lie.

Knowing that evision takes 6mb to operate I believe I should be getting around 34mb. I do not live far from the cabinet so cannot see why I cannot get what I was sold. When my speed is turned up to 40mb nothing works. Sync issue or so I've been told. What can eircom do to rectify this? Is this a breach of contract by selling services on false information?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

chriscon wrote: »
    Hello, I've been having speed issues since I had fibre installed. I was told by an eircom agent that my line can take 40mb max. Eircom line checker also confirms this. I've had engineers out a few times over the year but only today the engineer said that my line can only take 26mb. I believe I was sold efibre on a lie.

Knowing that evision takes 6mb to operate I believe I should be getting around 34mb. I do not live far from the cabinet so cannot see why I cannot get what I was sold. When my speed is turned up to 40mb nothing works. Sync issue or so I've been told. What can eircom do to rectify this? Is this a breach of contract by selling services on false information?
    Hi chriscon

I believe I discussed this with you over Twitter this morning. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement