Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology or psychiatric nursing? Any advice?

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Don't know if this is the right place to post this and if not, sorry. But I'm currently doing psychiatric nursing and have just finished my 1st year but I'm not sure if I want to continue doing this and am wondering if I should switch courses to psychology in UCC. My plan was not to have a career in psychiatric nursing but rather to finish my course and use it as a stepping stone to then move on to hopefully become a cbt therapist or something along those lines but I don't think I can continue with it because I don't enjoy the nursing side of things. I am thinking about switching but I don't know if it'll be worth it? I've heard that a bachelors in psychology basically gets you nowhere, is that true? (I'm planning on doing further study anyway) Is there a lot more time/money involved in psychology if I wanted to become a cbt therapist or something along those lines? Should I change course or would I be better off sticking with the course in doing now and then moving on? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I was about to move this to the Psychology forum, but notice you have another thread there already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement