Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pub pizza

Options
  • 07-05-2015 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Where do ye recon has the best pub pizzas.

Eg reardans, sober lane. Brog (muck)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Franciscan Well and Sober Lane are two of the tops ones anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You'll have to do a tasting tour OP, and report back!

Tom Barry's has a pizza oven. It was being built last year anyway, but I haven't had one.

The sextant does them in a wood-burning oven.
    http://thesextant.ie/pizza-friday/

Sober lane?
    https://www.facebook.com/160674704188/photos/a.10152231126139189.1073741828.160674704188/10153307503684189/?type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

had the one in Rearden's a few months ago and it wasn't much to be honest with you. And they charged €10 for the pizza whereas other places will throw in a pint for that too.

Had a pizza at the Bierhaus (I think the pizza is actually done by a pizza place nearby) and it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I used to love the reardans ones but they use far too much flour underneath now. Ruins it.

I remember sober lanes as being nicer too.

Sextants ones are lovely alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sober lane is the only answer here.

• Advertisement

Pompeii pizzas in the Franciscan Well are outstanding. Been a long time since I've been in sober lane, I thought their pizzas were OK, but pompeii are savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Had a pizza at the Bierhaus (I think the pizza is actually done by a pizza place nearby) and it was excellent.

It was done by Uncle Pete's. The pint and pitcher deal they had in the Bierhaus was heaven! But the offer is gone since Uncle Pete's moved :( Although they will still deliver to the Bierhaus with a slight discount.

Tried the pizza in Rising Sons once, but wouldn't be rushing back to have it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I was in Rising Sun recently and was impressed with their pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Barr wrote: »
    I was in Rising Sun recently and was impressed with their pizza

Same, I don't think it's quite as good as Sextant or Sober Lane but it was a tasty pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh no, we went in and was so disappointed, with Rising Sun... Nice enough like I wouldn't say I would not go back there but the pizza was okish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

+1 for Franciscan Well . Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Fran Well definetly the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

For me it would be Sober Lane; I've only had the Fran Well pizza once and while it tasted nice enough, the base was extremely soggy and just flopped, so you had to hold it up with your hands or else the toppings would slide off!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Has to be Fran Well, great value all round

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

had a fab eve in the Fran Well the other night - 4 of us shared 2 14 inch pizza's - worked out at 6e each - the goats cheese and roasted red pepper one went down v well.. the overall product is good - base, sauce, cheese.. still think i prefer novecento but was fab..

and love their new larger - Archway... well not sure how new it is - but better than the Blarney Blonde..

classical quartet and sunshine in the beer garden made for a great time..

felt like we were on holidays

Advertisement