Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax on Investment Policy(reposted on this sub forum)

Options
  • 07-05-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭

It looks like Life assurance tax has been deducted on my BoI Investment Policy as the amount of tax showing suddenly went to zero and I think that means that a periodic withdrawal in favour of the Taxman has taken place

I have queried the details of this with the Bank but they have not as yet answered my message.

Can I expect to get chapter and verse from them wrt how the amount was calculated and the actual date the withdrawal was applied?

Are they obliged to provide me with day to day records of the account -or other specific details - if I ask them ( the value goes up and down depending on the value of , among other things the stocks the fund is invested in and it can be a little hard to keep track if a large amount is withdrawn for Tax purposes).

I have received no notification that this Tax has been withdrawn but I can see that it must have been.

Advertisement