Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book recommendation for weaning baby onto good food

Options
  • 07-05-2015 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good book for weaning a baby onto solid food?

One thing I don't want is to encourage my baby to have a sweet tooth, so a book with recipes with not too much fruit would be good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Just feed baby what you eat, once its home cooked and easy on the salt and sguar. We started ours on normal porridge, cooked thick so they could pick it up, roasted veg, finger sized sliced fruits and pancakes with fruit or veg grated in. Don't give any fruit juices or follow on milk and go easy on the dried fruit. The Baby Led Weaning cookbook has some ideas but if you google baby led weaning you'll get the same information. Start when baby is ready and avoid the processed baby rice type foods, they are pure junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I bought the Annabel Karmel book and found it very good for the first stage. Now at almost 8 months my baby eats pretty much everything we eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Anabel karmel has a website too with lots of ideas for different age groups

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

Thanks all! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I prefer the BLW cookbook. I find the Anna Karmel receipes very sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

Gill Rapley & Tracey Murkett The Baby Led Weaning Cookbook.

The River Cottage Baby & Toddler Cookbook.

Anna Karmel Fussy Eaters Recipe Book

Advertisement