Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billed for a service Eircom could not provide

Options
  • 07-05-2015 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, 

I am a new Eircom customer, and I have just received my first bill for a home phone and broadband bundle. Let me just explain my situation.

Monday 20th April - My phone line was activated

Thursday 23rd April - My modem arrives, but the internet does not work. I phone Eircom and I am told that my broadband will be activated the next day, once they confirm that I have signed for the delivery of the modem.

Monday 27th April - The internet still is not connected, so I phone Eircom again. I am told that a technician is due to arrive the next day, and he will activate my broadband.

Tuesday 28th April - The internet still is not connected, and my phone line is no longer operational. I ring Eircom from my mobile and am told that they will send another technician to fix the problem.

Wednesday 29th April - a second technician arrives and fixes the problem. He confirms that the first technician had got it wrong, and had accidentally disconnected my phone line.

-

Now, I don't wish to kick up a fuss, but the fact is I've been charged for a service that has not been provided to me. For 9 and a half days I was paying for broadband and not receiving it, and for a day I was paying for a bundle and not receiving any of the service.

Moreover, I was told on 23rd April that my connection would be activated the next day, which was simply not true.

In addition, I had to spend considerable time on hold, and being passed around from department to department in order to fix the problem (on 28th April, I spoke to 5 different people). This was a drain on my time, and it also leaves me with these calls to pay for.

In addition, I had to make numerous calls from my mobile while I was without a phone line on 28th April, leaving me with charges there.

I think it would be reasonable for Eircom to reflect these problems in a reduced bill for the last month, particularly since they conceded themselves that the technician they sent had mistakenly disconnected the phone. Can you help me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

JonnyMcC wrote: »
    Hi, 

I am a new Eircom customer, and I have just received my first bill for a home phone and broadband bundle. Let me just explain my situation.

Monday 20th April - My phone line was activated

Thursday 23rd April - My modem arrives, but the internet does not work. I phone Eircom and I am told that my broadband will be activated the next day, once they confirm that I have signed for the delivery of the modem.

Monday 27th April - The internet still is not connected, so I phone Eircom again. I am told that a technician is due to arrive the next day, and he will activate my broadband.

Tuesday 28th April - The internet still is not connected, and my phone line is no longer operational. I ring Eircom from my mobile and am told that they will send another technician to fix the problem.

Wednesday 29th April - a second technician arrives and fixes the problem. He confirms that the first technician had got it wrong, and had accidentally disconnected my phone line.

-

Now, I don't wish to kick up a fuss, but the fact is I've been charged for a service that has not been provided to me. For 9 and a half days I was paying for broadband and not receiving it, and for a day I was paying for a bundle and not receiving any of the service.

Moreover, I was told on 23rd April that my connection would be activated the next day, which was simply not true.

In addition, I had to spend considerable time on hold, and being passed around from department to department in order to fix the problem (on 28th April, I spoke to 5 different people). This was a drain on my time, and it also leaves me with these calls to pay for.

In addition, I had to make numerous calls from my mobile while I was without a phone line on 28th April, leaving me with charges there.

I think it would be reasonable for Eircom to reflect these problems in a reduced bill for the last month, particularly since they conceded themselves that the technician they sent had mistakenly disconnected the phone. Can you help me please?
    Hi JonnyMcC

You have a very valid point and it's clear to see apologies are in order here, please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will investigate this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JonnyMcC

Thanks for your quick reply. I've sent you my number in a PM.

Thanks for your quick reply. I've sent you my number in a PM.
    Hi JonnyMcC

I have looked in to the History of your experience so far and I can confirm that I have arranged a credit of €44.58. I would also like to make a sincere apology for the errors and delays in resolving the issues.

If you have any queries in future please let me know

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JonnyMcC

That's great, I really appreciate that. Thank you for your help.

That's great, I really appreciate that. Thank you for your help.
    No problem at all JonnyMcC

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement