Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage problems

Options
  • 07-05-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭

Had a power outage a while ago. When it came back (almost instantaneously) I noticed that the TV was starting up clicking and starting again in a cycle. After disconnecting it I noticed that my UPC box was dead although my mikrotik router was happily chugging away again beside it.
    My fridges were still off. The cooker also. When I flipped the cooker switch it came on but was making some strange noises so turned it iff again.
    Some small electrixal items work like a tv sender box. I have reset all trips and breakers to no avail.
    Could a network outage fry everything or is it likely that they'll recover once full power is restored?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Panrich

All working again. It must have been that we were on reduced power.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I wouldn't worry about the UPC Box, they will replace it if it gets damaged as they own it but for delicate and expensive items like PCs you could consider buying a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) device or at the very least a surge protector if the power supply in your area is unreliable and prone to that type of interruption.

Advertisement