Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Pub in Ballsbridge

Options
  • 07-05-2015 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for suggestions for a pub in Ballsbridge to have a quiet pre-dinner drink on friday evening (the 8th) with the OH.

I understand Leinster have a game in RDS on friday evening so trying to find somewhere that doesn't attract a big rugby crowd.

I used to like Bellamys but as its replacement "Bridge 1859" is owned by rugby internationals I expect it'll be popular with the Leinster fans...

Doesn't have to have craft beers or a fancy menu, an old school boozer where food amounts to bacon fries and peanuts would be grand.

Thanks in advance.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd walk down to Beggar's Bush myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Maybe just go to Smyths on Haddington road and jump a taxi or walk to Ballsbridge?

Perfectly suits your description and just far away enough to avoid the crowds but still close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks for the tips, but the forecast for today is looking rather inclement for walking, and the budget only stretches to 1 taxi (home!), so I think we'll chance this Bridge place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, but the forecast for today is looking rather inclement for walking, and the budget only stretches to 1 taxi (home!), so I think we'll chance this Bridge place.

I would have thought the Bridge would be the busiest / 'now' pub in all of Ballsbridge to be honest!
    And to tie into the match tonight...

You might be better off in Mary Macs / Show House etc... depending on time.
    With the match at 7:45, hopefully a lot of fans will head into the ground by 7:30 if that's roughly when you having a drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

>Quiet pubs
    >Ballsbridge

Choose one of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

One thing about the Horse Show house is that often people cram into the front and forget about the back room which can often have seats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

>Quiet pubs
    >Ballsbridge
    Choose one of the above.

I'd a feeling it would be like that, this is what I get for crossing the Liffey by DART :(

Advertisement