Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter in Estate

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I know dog crap is a problem and sometimes unavoidable if a stray gets in the estate but last night I noticed about 4 dirty babies nappies dumped in the estate on last road of Charlesland Grove (facing start of park)

Now that is just plain revolting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Agreed, its gross and also a health hazard.
    I reckon it comes from the bin bags getting ripped apart by cats more so then people dumping them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

I've SEEN nappies fall from Wheelie Bins when they're being dumped into trucks...the Litter Disposal Engineers simply looked down and obviously thought...." well that's not my job - arsed if I'm going to pick up a sh!tty nappy"...because they just left them there lying on the road. :eek:
    All came about as a result of the bin bag not being tied before being thrown into the wheelie bin. :mad:
    Not saying this is the cause in this instance.....just saying it was the cause when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I see it a lot where i live too.. it can be very windy, bin lids blow open and people don't bother to bag most of the stuff so bits n'pieces start flying around the place and no the resident doesn't bother cleaning it up.

I place a huge rock on my bin to stop this from happening - very easily sorted...

also some people are just lazy and don't care if they drop plastic bottles etc - if they received affine - maybe that would stop them

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

on the subject of bins, my wife put out 6 bags of cloths and stuff for charity shop today which a friend was due to collect. In the 20 minutes or so they bags were out the front some person called the management company and complained about bins left out front this then worked its way down to my landlord and subsequently my Agency called me to complain about it.

Advertisement