Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27" monitor 1440hz

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have recommendations for this type of monitor for around the €400 mark?

I have been looking at possibly the QNIX QX2710 but am a bit wary as there could still be dead pixels or bleed with the Pixel Perfect ones.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

What resolution - 1440p?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I was gonna go with a QNIX myself, as I've heard very good things about them.

However decide to go with an ultrawide 21:9 monitor instead. Gonna wait untill 1440p and 4k becomes more mainstream and way cheaper, by then it will have tonnes of new features and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When I get around to changing desk and making space I'm gonna order and X-STAR unit. Watch TekSyndicates videos, plenty of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ED E wrote: »
    When I get around to changing desk and making space I'm gonna order and X-STAR unit. Watch TekSyndicates videos, plenty of info.

actually from what I've just read they are the exact same monitor but I can get the X-Star slightly cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Skerries wrote: »
    actually from what I've just read they are the exact same monitor but I can get the X-Star slightly cheaper

There are two types, but yeah, same panels. There are actually only a handful of factories making panels for all the brands out there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Skerries wrote: »
    Does anyone have recommendations for this type of monitor for around the €400 mark?

I have been looking at possibly the QNIX QX2710 but am a bit wary as there could still be dead pixels or bleed with the Pixel Perfect ones.

Where does it say it is 144Hz on that ebay link? edit: I see you have 1440Hz instead or 1440P

Also the response time is displayed twice in different values 6ms and also 8ms so I don't know which it is. That seems high? Or maybe I'm used to looking at 1080p displays with 1ms and 2ms response time.

Advertisement