Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyvourney Broadband

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there going to be any work carried out on the broadband in Ballyvourney Co.Cork? 
    The service for everyone is dreadful and it is very unfair that everyone is paying full price for terrible speeds.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there going to be any work carried out on the broadband in Ballyvourney Co.Cork? 
    The service for everyone is dreadful and it is very unfair that everyone is paying full price for terrible speeds.

Thanks.
    Hi Ballyv24

I'm sorry to confirm that there are no plans currently made or forecasted to suggest when speeds will increase in the Ballyvourney.

Ballyvourney itself is connected to the BallyMakeera exchange which has yet to be planned for upgraded. More plans should be available towards the end of the year if you would like to get back to me then.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Thanks for checking. 

What about the terrible broadband speeds? Surely eircom should not be charging the full amount for a substandard service?

I am not asking about Ballyvourney getting eFibre.. just good reliable uncongested broadband? Currently the speed can be 1mb, but mostly it is down as at about 0.1mb depending on the time of day. 

Thanks for checking. 

What about the terrible broadband speeds? Surely eircom should not be charging the full amount for a substandard service?

I am not asking about Ballyvourney getting eFibre.. just good reliable uncongested broadband? Currently the speed can be 1mb, but mostly it is down as at about 0.1mb depending on the time of day. 
    I'm sorry I can't offer better news on this Ballyv24

At present the exchange is not next generation enabled meaning congestion is expected however if you would like to PM me your land line number I'll run tests to ensure you are getting optimum to what is available to your line.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Cheers Alan. At least you are honest 

Thanks for the quick replies. 

Cheers Alan. At least you are honest 

Thanks for the quick replies. 
    No worries at all Ballyv24

AL

• Advertisement