Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cork Coffee Meet-Up - Saturday 10am, Brackens in Blackpool

• 07-05-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

There has not been a Cork meet-up in a long time so I'm going to try and kickstart one. To be honest, with Magnet's passing I've been thinking about how that has brought those of us on bikes together. Why not try and carry that sense of community on?

There's no obligation on anyone to come along, no need to confirm attendance or any of that stuff, but it'd be nice to meet some faces, new and old. It's not a ride out as such, it's just a meet up for coffee and talk sihte about bikes for a while. Stay for ten minutes, stay for an hour, up to you.

Where? Brackens Bakery on the Old Mallow Road, Upper Blackpool (Map: My link)
    When? This Saturday May 9th at 10am.

You don't have to be punctual and I know that I may end up there on my own but I'll have a book or magazine to read so there's no problem. Hopefully though I'll see some of ye there. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

No chance of me being there this weekend partly because my bike's still at the menders and I'm up to my neck in study for exams next week. Count me in for another time though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Not a hope of me making it either. I tend to need a good bit of notice to sort a day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Erra it's no hassle lads, just said I'd throw it out there. I'll be there either way and will try and make this a regular thing. I was kinda hoping that it would become a regular thing, not necessarily with me leading it or anything, that it just becomes an "organic" thing that happens by itself. We'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Well a load of us head out on a Spin on a Sunday, then usually head off somewhere for some grub and a laugh.

Bit far from Cork but take a spin up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Could deffo meet halfway some Sunday no probs, at a stags this weekend otherwise we could have done something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Great idea, bit of a spin from Wicklow for me mind you. Hope you get a few of the southern lads to show.
    Save you being Billy no mates :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Corks a bit out of the way for me too, specially in this ****ty weather man, we still need to arrange a summer (for want of a better word) ride out. Maybe midway (or whatever ****hole that was in from last year would do :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

Great idea. Unfortunately I have an exam tomorrow so I can't make it.
    Be great if it caught on.

Advertisement