Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2015

Options
  • 07-05-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭

Started a couple of days ago. No frills (just standard auditions so far, down to top 24), but the standard of cooking is insane. Some really scary talent in this group. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Is it on Watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't watch it at all last year.. but back into it this year.

That Reynold kid is an insane cook though! :eek:

2896562500000578-3078451-image-a-132_1431446701529.jpg
    2896562900000578-3078451-image-a-133_1431446708296.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

He is brilliant. Hope he doesnt trip up on the savouries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Merkin wrote: »
    Is it on Watch?

Later on this year I'd say.

I'm not a massive fan of MPW, but it was a great week of Masterchef.

The last two challenges made for great TV -- especially the Relay/Chinese Whispers.

Sorry to see
    Jarrod
    leave - it should have been
    John
    after his screw-up. Glad
    Georgia
    got through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 saltandpepper

No need to redact names. The current series can be followed on Masterchef Australia website if anyone is sufficently curious or cant wait till July when it hits Watch or TLC

Good God.. too much crying contestants this year!

Rose is always crying, then Danielle and Georgia in today's pressure test.

Plus Sara - all I can think of when she's on screen:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Basq wrote: »
    Good God.. too much crying contestants this year!

Rose is always crying, then Danielle and Georgia in today's pressure test.

Plus Sara - all I can think of when she's on screen:

Rose has to be the most annoying contestant they have ever had, she is good at following a recipe so she scrapes through in all the eliminations.

Lovng Matthew - the dentist :)

Rose is finally gone. This years season is not as good as previous. There are very few challenges outside the kitchen compared to seasons gone by.

• Advertisement

Looks like time ran out for
    Rose
    last night. I kind of warmed to her over the last few weeks.

Only 9 left now. Hard to pick a winner at this stage. Maybe Matthew or Ashleigh (if she can keep her nerve - she is a bloody good cook, but she lacks confidence).

Currently Marco week. How do the contestants not tell him to shut up or smack him with a frying pan! He is so annoying!

Yeah I can see it now.... How long for the fish? How long for the fish? How long for the fish? How long for the fish? How long f...

percyhittinggrandmawithafryingpan.gif

Am a few days behind.. but hoping to see Matthew go far - really has turned into a great all-rounder!

If I'd to pick a winner at this stage though? Probably either Georgia, Jessica or Sara.

Also I didn't watch last year... but seeing next week is the final week - is this the first year they haven't went to another country in the competition?

I don't think they went abroad last year. Wasn't Dubai the year before?

If finals week is 100% desserts, Reynold will take it. Otherwise, my money is on Billie.

7 episodes left. The finale is over 2 nights (Sunday 26th and Monday 27th)

Am caught up.. gutted! :(

Yeah didn't want to say anything, sorry. :o

My money is on Billie, she's the only one left who can hold it together, the rest tend to seriously lose it at times. I'm surprised Reynold has made it this far as in previously seasons they have always stated you can't win with just desserts. The guy is seriously talented, but somehow it seems set up for him as he nearly always ends up doing a dessert. Would like to see him win it, seems such a nice lad.

Basq wrote: »
    Am caught up.. gutted! :(

Yeah me too! Would definitely have preferred to eat that dish again than the green pile!! :(

jester77 wrote: »
    My money is on Billie, she's the only one left who can hold it together, the rest tend to seriously lose it at times. I'm surprised Reynold has made it this far as in previously seasons they have always stated you can't win with just desserts. The guy is seriously talented, but somehow it seems set up for him as he nearly always ends up doing a dessert. Would like to see him win it, seems such a nice lad.

Yep Billie seems to be a hot contender. I lovel Reynold but can't see him do it - although I think he will be snapped up pretty quick when this is over.

• Advertisement

Brilliant semi-final and brilliant finale. Well deserved. Not a dry eye in the house.

I have to say that this was the best season of Aussie MC in years too....

Now, time for Masterchef NZ. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    Brilliant semi-final and brilliant finale. Well deserved. Not a dry eye in the house.

I have to say that this was the best season of Aussie MC in years too....

Now, time for Masterchef NZ. :o

Yep really enjoyed this series. Winner is a bit 'beige' but well deserved. Never thought the other one would last that long! :D
    When is NZ? Don't forget Canada too! In the middle of US - getting fed up of the nastiness though!

NZ is on every Sunday night. Season 6 started last Sunday.

Canada finished in May.

US is pretty bad this year. Can't help but feel that once Stephen is gone, the entertainment value will dry up (the producers know it too, it looks like they saved him last week as far as I can see...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The only Masetrchef I can get on UPC, is Masterchef Australia, Year ONE, when Julie won.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Series 7 starts Monday next 28th September 7:30pm on Watch, repeated at 8am the following morning, can't wait! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 saltandpepper

Barnet wrote: »
    Series 7 starts Monday next 28th September 7:30pm on Watch, repeated at 8am the following morning, can't wait! :)

Thank you for update. Would have missed it otherwise. Super programme

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jesus Rose is a useless waste of space, shes only still in the thing after 6 eliminations because on the day she lucks out and someone else ends up being sh1tter.

God I hope she leaves the competition this week also pray that John doesnt win after his stunt with the relay cook the other week.

Advertisement