Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The old Grand Theft Auto

Options
  • 07-05-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

I'm looking for the first part of GTA - is it possible to get it for iOS (preferred) or Mac OS X?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rockstar released it as freeware a few years ago. Just check out their webpage and there might be tutorials to get it working on a modern os.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also it's spelled GGGGRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNDDDDD Theft Auto :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

GOURANGA!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Back in my day, Everything was Super Cars and Hari Krishnas

latest?cb=20120905211127&path-prefix=pt-br

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ah I remember sneaking a pc gaming mag cd into my Fás course and we all were playing the original GTA demo instead of learning Adobe Illustrator :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'd love to see the 2d games re-mastered.

GTA 3 and the follow ups are all readily available but the first 2 have been kind of forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Am the only one who loved 1 but hated 2? I see 2 has a bit of a cult following but I just didn't like it.

I think I spent the most hours on GTA 1 than any other game. No spot of any map was left unturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭steve_r

.ak wrote: »
    Am the only one who loved 1 but hated 2? I see 2 has a bit of a cult following but I just didn't like it.

I think I spent the most hours on GTA 1 than any other game. No spot of any map was left unturned.

I was actually looking at few videos of GTA 2 the other day just to see if it really was as I remembered it.

It didn't grab me at the time, the "future" setting wasn't for me. The whole joy of GTA1 was anarchy in a city like somewhere you live, not some random future place

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought GTA2 was only set three weeks in the future? :p The gang stuff is what turned me off GTA2. Overall it felt soulless compared to the first.

I played the demo of the first one to death before I got the full game. There was a limit on the demo, so I tried to get as many wanted stars as possible before having to start again or pass the controller.

• I think both GTA 1 & 2 are free on the Rockstar website

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

steve_r wrote: »
    I'd love to see the 2d games re-mastered.

GTA 3 and the follow ups are all readily available but the first 2 have been kind of forgotten.

Chinatown Wars is a nice blend of the two, the top down view of the original games with the gritty story of the later titles.

I bought the original at launch on PC, didn't enjoy it as much on the PS though.
    The 1960s mission pack was great however.
    I never got into GTA2 though but GTA3 was a revelation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What always blew my mind about the original back when I was younger, was that if you took the PS1 disk and put it in a CD player, it played the soundtrack (great soundtrack too...all tracks were made in house if I remember correctly or from local bands around the studios area . Loved the main theme song...and can still remember the lyrics of the old hillbilly one)
    My mind was blown by the fact that the 1 disc was a game and a CD :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

No, GTA 2 was a bit pants compared.

I still have the CD in the car, which I fire into the CD player on occasion. I'm not saying it leads to joyriding and running over pedestrians, but ...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What always blew my mind about the original back when I was younger, was that if you took the PS1 disk and put it in a CD player, it played the soundtrack (great soundtrack too...all tracks were made in house if I remember correctly or from local bands around the studios area . Loved the main theme song...and can still remember the lyrics of the old hillbilly one)
    My mind was blown by the fact that the 1 disc was a game and a CD :P

I loved blaring the theme whenever the rents were out of the house, much to to dismay of my siblings. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I loved blaring the theme whenever the rents were out of the house, :

I had to think about that for a minute to know what you meant, first I thought....people he rented with...or was renting to. Then you mentioned siblings, so I realised it must have been family...and parents.
    I'm from Dublin too, and that is the first time I've ever heard parents being referred to as 'rents' in my life.
    Is it a new thing, or a certain part of Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

no, the rents is at least 10-15 years ago when I first heard it

Advertisement