Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful behaviour

Options
  • 07-05-2015 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

A friend of mine had been insured with you but for reasons Im not sure of you declined to renew his policy in the last couple of days. He went to a local brokers and was getting insurance there with another company and the only outstanding item was the proof of no claims bonus which he did not have.

He rang your company this morning from the brokers office and a member of your staff refused to email the proof of bonus to the brokers. My friend was told by that staff member to get a private email address and call back which he did. He doesnt have internet acces or an email address so he came to me for assistance which I was happy to provide.

When he rang again he was told that it would take 48 hours to email the document :eek:

What way is that to treat people? This man has to get insured today as he has to take his wife to hospital tomorrow morning and will now not be able to do so in his own car anyhow. I am disgusted that you could treat people with contempt and have absolutely no comprehension of the expense and bother that you have now left this man in.

Shame on you Liberty Insurance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

muffler wrote: »
    Hi,

A friend of mine had been insured with you but for reasons Im not sure of you declined to renew his policy in the last couple of days. He went to a local brokers and was getting insurance there with another company and the only outstanding item was the proof of no claims bonus which he did not have.

He rang your company this morning from the brokers office and a member of your staff refused to email the proof of bonus to the brokers. My friend was told by that staff member to get a private email address and call back which he did. He doesnt have internet acces or an email address so he came to me for assistance which I was happy to provide.

When he rang again he was told that it would take 48 hours to email the document :eek:

What way is that to treat people? This man has to get insured today as he has to take his wife to hospital tomorrow morning and will now not be able to do so in his own car anyhow. I am disgusted that you could treat people with contempt and have absolutely no comprehension of the expense and bother that you have now left this man in.

Shame on you Liberty Insurance.
    Hi Muffler,
    Firstly, I would like to explain that underwriting decisions are at the discretion of the company and obviously we are unable to discuss any individual's policy details on an open forum.
    If you PM me with your friends policy number I will ensure proof of the No Claims Bonus is issued urgently. Also we would be happy to confirm proof of no claims bonus to your friend's broker via phone and can then follow this up with a copy of the No Claims Bonus by email or post. When providing no claims bonus by email we prefer to only issue this to the email address registered to the policy.
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank for your feedback on behalf of your friend.

Una

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks Una.

I just sent you a PM and hopefully we might get some resolution here.

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Thanks Una.

Thanks Muffler,
    I'll look into this straight away for you.
    Thanks
    Una

Thanks Una.

Thanks Muffler,
    I'll look into this straight away for you.
    Thanks
    Una
    Thank you Una.

Just an update to the thread. I wont apologise for any of my comments in my opening post as I felt the criticism was deserved up to that point anyhow. It wasn't unreasonable to expect a rep to email or even fax a copy/duplicate of a no claims bonus on the same day it was requested.

Without going into specifics I know my friend may not have been the easiest person in the world to deal with but to tell him that it would take up to 48 hours to email a copy of a NCB (those were the words of a Liberty Insurance rep) was quite unacceptable. He spoke to 2 different reps in separate phone calls and that was what he was told on each occasion.

But Una took it upon herself to look into this matter and I'm happy to say that with her help the NCB cert was emailed within a couple of hours of me posting here and probably within 30 minutes of me contacting her by PM.

So stand up Una and take a bow. You have restored my faith in Liberty Insurance again and its just great that people posting in this "talk to" forum have reps of such a high caliber who are willing to assist and help out and show a wee bit of consideration.

Thanks again Una for all your help. Very much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement