Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting to the UK

Options
  • 07-05-2015 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering who I could use to send boxes to the UK? Using DPD here for delivering within Ireland. I know they do the UK as well but just want to check for other option. Weight about 10kg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I use parcel2go for when we do have to ship bulgy things to the UK its normally Fastway that comes out the cheapest but Nightline and GLS are often very reasonable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Thanks for the info. Usually how long does it take to arrive in the UK when using Fastway?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

martyoo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Usually how long does it take to arrive in the UK when using Fastway?

It can be longer but normally 2/3 working days if its in an urban area.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bulleyes

We used fastway in the past for some of our UK deliveries but once the parcels left Ireland they subcontracted to yodle AKA HDNL in the UK. Google hdnl problems and you'll get the idea. On top of the obvious issues the fastway tracking numbers dont work in the UK, you need to contact the fastway depot for an alternate tracking number for each parcel shipped.

Fastway for Ireland, north and south I'd agree with but not mainland UK.

Dpd were a bit better but you couldn't reley on a 48 hour UK delivery.

We now use Dhl for all our UK parcels and can highly recommend them, air freight is next day to the UK with road freight delivered in 48 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 BattleReady

We used to use parcel2go but switched to parceldirect a while ago. They are actually cheaper and have all the major couriers. Plus they are based in Ireland so easier to get in touch with if things go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

martyoo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering who I could use to send boxes to the UK? Using DPD here for delivering within Ireland. I know they do the UK as well but just want to check for other option. Weight about 10kg.

If your using DPD for Ireland then you should negotiate a better overall rate for Ireland and UK.

If your numbers are decent you should get about €4 + vat for Ireland and about 7.50 + vat for UK.

Advertisement