Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for headset mainly for chat

Options
  • 07-05-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hi Iv already got 5:1 surround sound system from last year set up but was looking for a good headset for chat. I don't mind if I have to get one that takes all the sound in game and the surround sound won't be wasted anyway because of Netflix and offline gaming.

Not sure what I'm willing to spend of coarse it will be as little as possible if I get something that'll last 2-3yrs and I can use for ps3 aswell I'll spend a bit.(tho also not essential as Iv a cheap headset and don't play it much anyway)
    wireless preferred but not be all and end all.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

seanand wrote: »
    Hi Iv already got 5:1 surround sound system from last year set up but was looking for a good headset for chat. I don't mind if I have to get one that takes all the sound in game and the surround sound won't be wasted anyway because of Netflix and offline gaming.

Not sure what I'm willing to spend of coarse it will be as little as possible if I get something that'll last 2-3yrs and I can use for ps3 aswell I'll spend a bit.(tho also not essential as Iv a cheap headset and don't play it much anyway)
    wireless preferred but not be all and end all.
    Thanks

Astro a50 for wireless hands down,
    Little pricey tho,

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

cadete wrote: »
    Astro a50 for wireless hands down,
    Little pricey tho,

it is a little pricey, have a nct tomorrow if the car fails i wont be spending that much, any other good ones at a cheaper price?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There has been a couple of big threads in the recent past about headsets. If you do a search they may help you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I went with the Turtle Beach stealth 400 ... Wireless for around the €100 mark, cant go wrong.
    Lots of people recommended the Sony gold 2.0 when I asked also.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

I went with the Turtle Beach stealth 400 ... Wireless for around the €100 mark, cant go wrong.
    Lots of people recommended the Sony gold 2.0 when I asked also.
    i was just reading the other thread there, can you explain whats the difference between the gold one and the normal one. and you can only seem to get the gold ones in canada or usa?
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ear-force-stealth-500p-gaming-headset-ps3-ps4-p-22573.html
    these ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

seanand wrote: »
    i was just reading the other thread there, can you explain whats the difference between the gold one and the normal one. and you can only seem to get the gold ones in canada or usa?
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ear-force-stealth-500p-gaming-headset-ps3-ps4-p-22573.html
    these ones?

They are Sony 2.0 in Europe and Gold in the American markets but they are the same.

The Turtle beach you linked to are a step up from mine.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-3/c-710/ps3-accessories/p-9705/turtle-beach-e-f-stealth-400-ps4/

Advertisement