Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for team members ue4

• 07-05-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

ok I'm new on this site so I can't post any images but you can check my work out on my youtube channel, turns out because I'm new I cant even link to other websites, that's kinda overkill... you can search me on youtube my name is mike Fitzpatrick, on deviantart I'm l04d3d and I'm also l04d3d on artstation.

I'm looking to start a team to make a game using unreal engine 4, my own background is in 3d character design and programming. the game will be coded using blueprints. I want to make an AAA quality mobile game. its gonna be a sci-fi hack and slash game similar to devil may cry set in space. a similar game on mobile would be implosion never lose hope, that game got over 10 million downloads and they charged 10 euro a pop, you do the math, but that's a lot of ching :). I'm pretty confident about my own abilities, what I'm mainly looking for are a skilled animator and an equally skilled environment/prop artist, you would be paid royalties, and I'm thinking it would be fair to just evenly split the money between us,so anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HellSpark

how do you post images on this website? I cant see any button for it? how many posts do you have to have to be able to post an image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

About 50 I think.

What similar failures do you know of?
    There's nothing to be learnt from the successes, mostly from those who failed.

failing isn't a problem if your organised and put in the work, mobile games lack high quality titles, therefore high quality games are in high demand, mobile games are generally short to keep file size to a minimum, therefore less work is needed to produce a higher quality title. higher demand, less work needed and a much larger player base to sell your game to. it's a recipe for success. because the playerbase is so big, you don't even need to charge much for your game in order for it to be profitable. because you charge less for your game, more people will buy it. now the only thing that stops people paying for a game on mobile is word of mouth. so if you put in the effort and make a high quality game, they will spread the word, and even more people will buy it. if you look at the games that have done well on mobile, such as vector, infinity blade, implosion, etc. they all fit this profile. and no I don't bother reading about failures, who does. aim to succeed or you probably will fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Have you released a commercially successful game before?
    Most high profile failures weren't aiming to fail.

No I haven't. But if you don't try you won't get anywhere either. And at least if you publish something it counts as experience working in the games industry and might get you into a job with another company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement