Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rate 2014/2015 season ?

Options
  • 07-05-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

5/10

Highlights:
    The emergence of Harry Kane, beating Chelsea, Arsenal and Sheff Utd

The rest was pretty tiresome....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

5/10

Highlights:
    The emergence of Harry Kane, beating Chelsea, Arsenal and Sheff Utd

The rest was pretty tiresome....

I'll wait and see if we finish 5th or not ;)

6/10 at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

New manager, new system, old players, a cup final, top 5 or 6. As expected really, if not slightly better, an optimistic 7/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

6.5/10. Could do better. Cup final was excellent. Competing much better with the bigger clubs. Let's see does levy back pochettino with the players he wants, not the cheaper alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Highlights - getting to League Cup Final, beating goons and chelsea, those late winners. Kane Lloris and Bentelab

Lowlights - Shocking defending, Soldado Chriches Adebayor Kaboul and the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

Still don't see a discernable pattern of playing.
    Would give more youth a chance.
    Overall terrible but not Poch's fault. If the same rubbish carries on next year he'll have questions to answer but he hasn't the players we once had so I'll give him a pass.
    We only got to the league final, because of the semi final draw lets be honest.
    The win over Arsenal was impressive as was Chelsea but now they look like isolated incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hard to get excited or angry and finishing 5th.
    Pochettino did pretty well for the most part, I'm thankful there hasn't been any heat on him.
    We got sandwiched in between Utd & Liverpool who spent heavily.

We relied solely on Kane all season, fingers crossed he can replicate that again? Chadli & Eriksen contributed there share.

Still, can't believe the season is all wrapped up.

They said they've been working hard on transfers over the last few months, suppose we'll soon find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yea a 6.5 for me. If we'd been in with a shout of 4th by the run in i would add an extra point. Not bad by any means, hopefully a few signings and ill be excited come august.

Now what to watch over the summer, seemingly Waterford won something in the hurling. I'll latch onto that...

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Downside
    • Very leaky defence (as bad as Burnley);so many of the squad purchased with the Bale dividend who will move on this summer not having delivered.
    • Going into another (another!) summer of rebuilding. I'd suspect a dozen or so of the squad will leave this summer.
    • We played more games than any other premiership team (56) and between that and our high line game, I thought we got tired by March

Upside
    • Kane
    • Goalscoring generally (more than any other team outside the top four)
    • Lloris was exceptional
    • Our approach was exciting and reflective of our heritage. We were fun to watch a lot of the time

Unsure
    • Finishing 5th. Good to be in Europe, but the distraction of Thursday night football isn't one which I'd particularly welcome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So many highs, so many lows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We're would we have been without Kane's goals?

Take them away and we would have been bottom half of the table. Think back to how much we struggles in sept/Oct before Kane established himself in the starting XI

Defence was a shambles. If anything it got worse as the season went on and that's very worrying.

Poch will be under serious pressure next season... tactically we were really out manoeuvred in a lot of games ... vs liverpool at home at the start of the season for example. There doesn't seem to be any plan B either.

Finishing 5th was above expectation though.

• Advertisement

Think finishing 5th was amazing considering our team. Also money is tight because of the stadium plans. Highlight of course was the 5-3 win over Chelski at Christmas!! :D

What I like about MoPo is his track record with younger players i.e Kane, Mason, Rose to name just a few. I believe we have a great crop of youngsters waiting in the wings so it's a perfect marriage for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Highlights: giving youth a chance, Harry Kane V Chelsea and Arse

Lowlights: Two **** strikers picking up a fortune every week, cup final lose, loosing in fa cup and Europa cup to inferior teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Highlights: as always my trips to the Lane and the craic with my fellow Yids, and this season the trip to Wembley, what a day despite the result :)

The Harry Kane winner against that lot, never have I seen a better atmosphere at WHL.

Lows: The points dropped against inferior teams.

Advertisement