Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd behaviour in baby

Options
  • 07-05-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had this experience? In the past week, my little one has developed this new shout/ grunt and when he does it, he tries to sit up suddenly. It started in the car seat where it looked as though he was trying to get out but since then, he has done it a few times when lying in his cot, as though trying to sit up. It sounds as though he is in some discomfort but could be that he is trying to get up and gets frustrated. ?? Apart from tormented with his teeth, he is otherwise well - sleeping and eating ok. It's so odd. Today he did it a couple of times when I put him down for his nap, I took him up and he still did it in my arms. I checked his nappy, all fine and put him back down and he went off to sleep again. If he was in pain, he'd hardly go off to sleep as easy?? He slept for an hour and is ok since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

He's probably learning to try to sit up or get up when u lie him down.
    My little lad is 8 months and is at that too.
    Soon he will be able to sit up when I put him down in the cot.
    Then the fun begins.
    Just another stage in development

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Its such a weird loud grunt tho. Like he's in pain? I don't like the sound of it but my OH isn't bothered by it. He reckons he has learned a new noise.

73trix wrote: »
    Its such a weird loud grunt tho. Like he's in pain? I don't like the sound of it but my OH isn't bothered by it. He reckons he has learned a new noise.

Well if he's not off form I personally would not be bothered about it.
    He's probably learning to use his voice more.
    If it bothered him he wouldn't settle with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He's trying to sit up and grunting when he does it.

I really wouldn't worry about it, if you are take him to your GP.

He's off form as in very serious, no smiles/ laughs, quiet but his teeth are at him. He is eating and sleeping well. Not irritable or anything. I guess it's as you say - he's just trying to sit up and gets frustrated maybe. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Babies do make bizarre noises, we were in a baby sign class the other week and one of the babies kept making an awful chokey gaggy noise, it gave the group a shock the first few times but his parents said he is fine he just liked making the noise and it got him plenty of attention! My guy has a screechy noise he recently found, it cuts through me sometimes but he is happy out. Having said that, you're his mum and you know him best so if u notice he is off form in other ways then trust your instinct :)

Update - it has stopped and 2 days ago my boy finally got from back to belly and now rolls across the room. Maybe it was him just trying to learn something new. Thanks. All good here! :):)

73trix wrote: »
    Update - it has stopped and 2 days ago my boy finally got from back to belly and now rolls across the room. Maybe it was him just trying to learn something new. Thanks. All good here! :):)

That's good to know. !

Advertisement