Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games for teenagers

Options
  • 07-05-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

I know someone working with troubled young people from 15 up to 22/23 ish age. Boys and girls. They are looking for games for the xbox 360 that would suit that age group but they have to be under 18 rated. Ideally im looking for suggestions for guys and girls. So far iv come up with titanfall, destiny, fifa and forza horizon 2 to try and spread the types of games.

EDIT: Just found out they will not be playing online so destiny and titanfall are ruled out for a start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Castle Crashers, 4 player side scrolling Hack&Slash Golden Axe style game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Dungeon Defenders is a fun 3D Tower Defence Game, there's multiplayer in it

Something like Skyrim is pretty universal

Dark Souls if they want to be treated like adults :p

All I can think of off the top of my head, more suggestions will come along

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Literally any game that's not Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty (or similar enough to be a clone) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

A skater game. (Tony Hawks)
    A brawler. (Tekken/Street fighter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭HonestCry

Astro turf and a football!

• Advertisement

Rock Band / Guitar Hero games????

Could be tricky to find the peripherals new but check online or cex/gamestop for them, these games are great in a group.

You don't specify if they need to be played as single player or multiplayer co-op by that I mean by more than one person there as opposed to multiplayer online

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Portal 1 and Portal 2, great co-op puzzle games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

VinLieger wrote: »
    Portal 1 and Portal 2, great co-op puzzle games

Is portal 2 local co op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is portal 2 local co op?

Local and online.

I was actually going to come on to recommend Portal 2 as well. Fantastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The Arkham Collection of Batman games have a 15/16 rating and are all great games. I played Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands recently and I really enjoyed it. Very short but addictive platformer and one you'd pick up cheap. Mirror's Edge is a great game as well - A parkour inspired FPS. There's some violence in these games in terms of people being beaten up so not sure it that's a non runner.

Valiant Hearts is a great game as well. A puzzle platformer set back in World War 1 that gives you lots of little bits of information about the war throughout the game. Stick it to the Man is another puzzler that might be of interest. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a great little game as well with a very emotional story in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Taylor365 wrote: »
    A skater game. (Tony Hawks)
    A brawler. (Tekken/Street fighter)

Tekken x Street Fighter is vapourware.
    Street Fighter x Tekken is dead.

Ultra Street Fighter IV and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are pretty good games, but they are fighting games, not brawlers, thankyouverymuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Tekken x Street Fighter is vapourware.
    Street Fighter x Tekken is dead.

Ultra Street Fighter IV and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are pretty good games, but they are fighting games, not brawlers, thankyouverymuch.
    LOL

I meant as in that genre. Mortal Kombat would have them ripping each others spine out.... :pac:

Fighting games indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Scene It - fun gameshow style movie trivia game.

Trivial Pursuit (xbox game includes fast-paced fun version as well as original rules). These games have fairly universal appeal.

NBA Jam - fast paced cartoony basketball game.

Game like Dark Souls, Arkham Asylum and Skyrim are good but not ideal for groups or sharing - they are single player and suit long periods of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Scene It - fun gameshow style movie trivia game.

I have a copy of this and 4 of the buzzer things that I got as an unwanted gift. I don't have the box but the op is more than welcome to have it for free if they want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, its been very helpful. Thanks for the generous offer stone deaf but im based in the uk so that's probably a but awkward. I think I definitely have enough games to recommend to the centre now. Thanks again everyone

Advertisement