Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

alarm sensor wiring

• 07-05-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

this sensor works with magnet. Window doesn't close properly and sets off alarm. I have engineer code can take it off system I want to keep it on window as shock sensor just. The red and black (alarm circuit) are in top 2 terminals.
    the bootom two are lopped. the middle are for shock sensor I presume.

To change this to shock sensor (till window is replaced) which cable do I remove/loop or whatever to make it shock sensor only.

Many thanks

Paddy

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Taking the terminals as 1 is top & 6 is bottom,
    Remove he loop from 5 & 6.
    Remove red from 1 & wired into 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

KoolKid wrote: »
    Taking the terminals as 1 is top & 6 is bottom,
    Remove he loop from 5 & 6.
    Remove red from 1 & wired into 5.

thks will give it a bash now !Paddy

hi Kool Kid. Worked a treat thks. BUT lol ,I decided to just to quick test , I set the night set 0#7, that window where I did the change is grand I hit it and it came up on RKY alarm /Gross perfect. One thing , I use kitchen door for going in/out all the time. When 0#7 is on I walked into kitchen , pir sent off alarm , that's grand. All the other windows/door are ok too. I then set 0#7 again , I went outside and I came in expecting the kitchen door to activate alarm , but the count down started. It must be set for that which is grand when leaving that way and full set is on. Can this setting be changed so that at night , if that door was forced that the alarm would activate rather than the countdown? But in doing that , will it allow me the countdown to leave the house (on full set) during the day?

I am reluctant to do too much fiddling around , it will do , I would rather an alarm rather than a countdown if broken into during the night for example. Thks (sw1070hkc)

just as I think of it now , I had two Fobs when system was installed. I lost one , I moved RKP from Hall to Kitchen , I cant recall there was some issue as I stopped using the fobs , that time , I keep the one I had left in the bedroom , for PA and to set night set (unaware of this kitchen door issue -countdown oin 0#7) till I just checked now. I wonder have these fobs come down in price ? what are they roughly in price? Im sure they are easy enough to enrol on system , that might be worth doing , and might solve my issue??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is an option on many panel to do this . It would be in part set options .
    The option is EE > Alarm . Not sure if HKC have this feature though.
    You would need to check with suppliers re the fobs pricing.

KoolKid wrote: »
    There is an option on many panel to do this . It would be in part set options .
    The option is EE > Alarm . Not sure if HKC have this feature though.
    You would need to check with suppliers re the fobs pricing.

Thks kool kid will do. From memory the kit door is zone 2. In zone options ... "Alarm" is one "panic" is another option ... Etc .. Etc ... ... .... Is there a setting then for @countdown ... Ext/entry or something like that? I presume it's set ext/ entry ... If I change that to "alarm" that will stop the countdown ... Have I that right? The part set will function as each zone is set I presume... It's a bit of a dilemma ok ... Lol

• Advertisement

Thats correct.
    If you change the zone type to alarm it will always be alarm.

ONE last thing! all well now , I am moving RKP back to hall from kitchen (reason being I cannot hear if part setting is on at night from kitchen)
    when I change kitchen door zone back to "alarm" , This will mean if I use fob (or code) to set alarm I still have the preset time to leave , regardless of zone setting on the exiting door (kitchen)
    (I think that's right)

I have the squak /Led flash set , so I know alarm is on as im leaving , and set it from outside with fob ...I see on manual "RF ECHO" whats is that for?
    I see on brochure that's basically an internal siren ? can you enrol a second and will it work in tandem with the wired one installed already(hkc1070)?

Yes the timer will remain the same on full set.
    RF Echo is a wireless internal. This can be added with the wired internal.

Advertisement