Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note left on windscreen of car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Don't feed the troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mayway wrote: »
    I do indeed get flyers but seeing as they aren't threatening in nature I have no problem with it.

I do, however, have a big issue with the coward who interfered with my property. As for there being damage, as far as I can tell the car hasn't been damaged but undoubtedly the wiper has been weakened somewhat by being lifted. As I didn't give permission for this to happen then I feel I should have a case here.

Oh, get over it ffs. If you hadn't parked like a prick, you wouldn't have attracted the attention of another prick.

That's life, and life's too short...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

edit: By the way, what "justice" are you looking for? Have you anything in mind or do you just want something done?

They want to find the culprit and lift their winscreen wiper. An eye for an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

The note was from the school pointing out something you already knew.

You were in the wrong, and the idea that you would think it reasonable behaviour that you could legally pursue person(s) unknown, for momentarily lifting a windscreen wiper to remind you of this fact and note, is so obscene that it is almost bordering into troll territory....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

1) return to location

2) pry paint from ground until completely gone

3) Park car where you removed paint for a few days

4) ????

5) profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

I found a leaflet under my wiper, advertising a circus which was in the locality, wonder can I sue them for the same thing?
    :rolleyes:

Absolutely.....go for the juggler :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Be careful what you are all posting you could hurt someones feelings and said person could take legal actions against you to look for damages... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

If the parking warden fined you, would you sure him for lifting up you wiper to put the ticket underneath it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

You could get justice by not parking illegally near the school in future

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

tbh i read this thrtead and it made me think this country is getting more americanised by the day lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

MAYWAY! MAYWAY! SOMEONE TOUCHED MY WINDSCREEN. MAYWAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

OP just get your ass down to the local garda station and tell them the whole story and I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

Mind were you park while there, don't want to be getting any more of those nasty letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭acuriouscat

Is this serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

OP is a troll..

Inadvertently parked on double yellows outside a school? Basically OP is one of the entitled few who just did not notice the double yellow's painted under the car.

I am one of those people who have myself stuck the notice from the school under the windscreen wiper to remind the driver that by parking on double yellow lines they are causing an obstruction that could limit the vision of a driver which ends up putting my children at risk as they make their way to school.

This thread should be moved to AH.. it would make for great enjoyment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If the op caught the culprit in the act I'm sure the resulting fracas would be the lead story on tonight's news .

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

I do indeed get flyers but seeing as they aren't threatening in nature I have no problem with it.

I do, however, have a big issue with the coward who interfered with my property. As for there being damage, as far as I can tell the car hasn't been damaged but undoubtedly the wiper has been weakened somewhat by being lifted. As I didn't give permission for this to happen then I feel I should have a case here.
    Absolutely I was wrong. I made an honest mistake. That doesn't excuse the idiot who interfered with my property. There must be some way of getting justice here.

Now I know this is a pisstake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

furiousox wrote: »
    "It was a cowardly anonymous note...."
    "The note that I received was deeply unpleasant..."

"It was a copy of a letter that the school had circulated"

:confused:

Was from the school of hard knocks.

"Don't be fcuking parking here again or we'll break your fcuking legs. Think of the fcuking children you c**t".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Not at all. I just don't like losers/cowards taking liberties with my property. It's not on. Plain and simple.
    I don't like losers either, especially those who park illegally outside schools putting children in danger!
    Absolutely. I made a mistake and would have gladly accepted a parking ticket from a legitimate source. But a cowardly note from an anonymous loser? No thanks. They would have had to interfere with my property to to put in under the wiper and that is not acceptable to me. Surely, they must be breaking some law?
    You didn't make a mistake you were lazy thoughtless and put children in danger by parking illegally outside a school.

Would you have any issue if you returned to your vehicle to find paramedics attending to a seriously injured child who had been knocked down after stepping out from behind your illegally parked vehicle?
    Absolutely I was wrong. I made an honest mistake. That doesn't excuse the idiot who interfered with my property. There must be some way of getting justice here.
    Justice would be you losing your licence to drive and also losing your car to a crusher!
    I found a leaflet under my wiper, advertising a circus which was in the locality, wonder can I sue them for the same thing?
    :rolleyes:
    Just be grateful they didn't have the elephants sit on the car to advertise their circus:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

I'm not sure where to post this but I'll try here.

This morning I was dropping my kids off to school on the way to work and I inadvertently parked on double yellow lines while I walked the kids to school. I was probably gone about 10 minutes.

Fairs fair, I was on double yellow lines and if I had got a parking ticket for that then I would have no complaint about it.

However, when I got back to the car and got into it and drove off I noticed a note stuck under the wiper of the car. I pulled in down the road and removed it. It was a cowardly anonymous note. It was a copy of a letter that the school had circulated several months due to ludicrous parking all around the school which led to emergency services not being able to access a housing estate to attend to a sick child which, of course, was a disgrace.

Now, while I was on double yellow lines, I was not blocking the road in any shape or form but I was clearly in the wrong for parking there in the 1st place. The note that I received was deeply unpleasant and was signed off at the end in what can only described as infantile handwriting with a statement that said my parking on double yellow lines had been reported to the Gardai!

Of course, the coward who did this sought to do this anonymously so I have no idea who they are.

My question is this, as they have clearly interfered with my private property whilst parked on a public road and they have no right to do so, what legal action can I take against them? Is there any law that they have broken that they can be prosecuted under? Or is this just a civil matter and, as such, would merit some sort of compensation?

I intend to engage a investigator to track down this loser and subsequently unleash my solicitor at him or her but I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar case before I go down this road.

Get over yourself FFS, a private investigator,track down, civil matter, compensation, prosecuted, interfered with your property.......?, your going to lower level's than whoever put it there.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I intend to engage a investigator to track down this loser

If you do this be prepared for one of two things to happen:

1 - The PI takes the job and spends years trying to track down the evil windscreen wiper lifter with only an illegible scrawl to go on. You end up selling off your car to pay off the massive investigator costs and are doomed to lead a life on public transport.

2 - The PI laughs you out of the office and continues to laugh non-stop for the next four hours, only stopping due to a massive coronary. Naturally this will then be followed by his family engaging a solicitor to sue you for causing his death and you end up selling your car and house to pay the massive legal bills and compensation. You are then doomed to lead a life on public transport, assuming you ever feel like leaving your new cardboard box home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

mayway wrote:

This morning I was dropping my kids off to school on the way to work and I inadvertently parked on double yellow lines while I walked the kids to school. I was probably gone about 10 minutes.

Fairs fair, I was on double yellow lines and if I had got a parking ticket for that then I would have no complaint about it.

However, when I got back to the car and got into it and drove off I noticed a note stuck under the wiper of the car. I pulled in down the road and removed it. It was a cowardly anonymous note. It was a copy of a letter that the school had circulated several months due to ludicrous parking all around the school which led to emergency services not being able to access a housing estate to attend to a sick child which, of course, was a disgrace.

Now, while I was on double yellow lines, I was not blocking the road in any shape or form but I was clearly in the wrong for parking there in the 1st place. The note that I received was deeply unpleasant and was signed off at the end in what can only described as infantile handwriting with a statement that said my parking on double yellow lines had been reported to the Gardai!

Of course, the coward who did this sought to do this anonymously so I have no idea who they are.

My question is this, as they have clearly interfered with my private property whilst parked on a public road and they have no right to do so, what legal action can I take against them? Is there any law that they have broken that they can be prosecuted under? Or is this just a civil matter and, as such, would merit some sort of compensation?

I intend to engage a investigator to track down this loser and subsequently unleash my solicitor at him or her but I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar case before I go down this road.
    this has to be a pisstake!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Ohhhhhh Lord????????????????

The wiper weakened?, cop the fcuk on!!

Should I expect Magnum PI and legal action for weakening your post?????:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I hope this isn't a pisstake as that's the funniest opening post I've read on here.

Otherwise it's a 10/10 troll post.

So either way, thank you OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

Not at all. I just don't like losers/cowards taking liberties with my property. It's not on. Plain and simple.

i think you mis-spelled your username myway???
    Your the one who took liberties with your property, and its no harm that you got a note about it. Grow a pair, and get over yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

you do
    you should spend about €10,000 on solicitors, barristers and a ex Garda turned detective to make sure you get justice agin this wiper arm spring strecher; his articulation of your wiper arm's hinges is clearly a claim of note.
    i can reccomend a good expensive solicitor.

definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

I was on double yellow lines and if I had got a parking ticket for that then I would have no complaint about it.

You parked illegally - but at least you've been honest to begin with.
    It was a cowardly anonymous note. It was a copy of a letter that the school had circulated several months due to ludicrous parking all around the school which led to emergency services not being able to access a housing estate to attend to a sick child which, of course, was a disgrace.

It was a copy of the official school line on the matter - not especially egregious.

So was there an impolite handwritten bit attached to it? What did it say? What was so unpleasant? (Just wondering)

If you were parked in the wrong, any citizen can make such a report, and they don't have to tell you about it and risk a (potential) confrontation/ugly scene. Not everyone would react politely to such a thing.

Of course, the coward who did this sought to do this anonymously so I have no idea who they are.My question is this, as they have clearly interfered with my private property whilst parked on a public road and they have no right to do so, what legal action can I take against them? Is there any law that they have broken that they can be prosecuted under? Or is this just a civil matter and, as such, would merit some sort of compensation?

Interefered with your private property? By putting a note under the wiper? Get a grip - would you react the same if someone popped a flier under the wiper?

I think you would do well to get over this one. Also - if the complainant wishes to pursue this, they would need to make a statement. If you car wasn't still on the double yellows when the Guards got there (even if they bothered to look), then the complainant would have to make a written statement, thus removing their anonymity.

You made an innocent mistake, and someone called you on it. Handbags at dawn.

Compensation? Dont make me laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

This was a fun read, thanks OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

. The note that I received was deeply unpleasant and was signed off at the end in what can only described as infantile handwriting with a statement that said my parking on double yellow lines had been reported to the Gardai!

Ok, this should narrow it down, its either a senior infant or a Doctor that left the note :D

• Advertisement

Justice would have been a block through your windscreen. You can still ensure this is done. In a previous comment you mentioned you were threatened in this letter, Im very curious as to what that was, if you would care to elaborate?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement