Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note left on windscreen of car

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    this thread reeks of the self-entitled attitude out there. The amount of people that drive around in their own little self absorbed worlds is astounding. We have all sorts of problems with our school - exactly along these lines (no pun intended!). Its causes mayhem for other parents who park responsibly, neighbours who want to get in and out of their estate. The guards have had to be called to deal with confrontations.

Op what would be uour response if someone just politely asked you to move? For some reason I doubt it would be "ah ok very sorry".

(And please do not sue me :))

I assure you if it had been pointed out at the time then I would have moved immediately. As it is I'm going to park there everyday from now until the coward makes himself known. I'm not sure what else I can do to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

mayway wrote: »
    It's not our fault you've no kids. That's a terrible attitude. If you don't like it you should move somewhere where there are no schools.

Mayway, when you're in a hole, stop digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

My favourite part of all this nonsense is the OP being outraged at the cowardliness of the note leaving the note under their wiper. What did he expect them to do...wait around all day and wait for the OP to show up? How was the note leaver supposed to know the OP was only going to be 10 minutes? They aren't psychic FFS.

Cop yourself on OP and consider yourself lucky not to have gotten a ticket, or worse, been the cause of an accident.

endacl wrote: »
    Oh, get over it ffs. If you hadn't parked like a prick, you wouldn't have attracted the attention of another prick.

That's life, and life's too short...

Yeah, I agree, the vigilante must be a prick. I'll be down there tomorrow with the car parked in the same spot but I'll set the alarm off to see if I can coax the cowardly rat out from their lair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Yeah, I agree, the vigilante must be a prick. I'll be down there tomorrow with the car parked in the same spot but I'll set the alarm off to see if I can coax the cowardly rat out from their lair.

Or a garda to give you a ticket. Perfect planning!

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    This post is pathetic. I live near a school and it is amazing the sense of entitlement some people have parking on double yellows and blocking your driveway.
    "Excuse me your blocking my driveway I can't get out"
    " I will be two minutes just walking the kids across the road to school"
    "Ok i will just ring my boss and tell him I will be late because some thick ignorant pig is parked across my driveway"

I would respectfully suggest that you move away from the school if that's your attitude. Also, you're more than likely already late for work if you're only trying to drag yourself out of the house at school drop off time. Are you sure you have a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

@OP

You were parked illegally, you left your vehicle on the double yellow lines for 10 mins, you are the person who is in the wrong here, inconsiderate parking to other pedestrians and to all other road users.

The double yellow lines are there for a reason.

You are in breach of the Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) Ammendment No. 2 Regulations 2012 S.I. 332 of 2012.

Also a health and safety issue for children as your vehicle could be impeding/ obstructing an emergency services vehicle trying to gain access.

You have some cheek to come on here and moan about a leaflet left under your wiper.

You need to learn from this and I personally hope you have been reported to Traffic corps in Dublin Castle.

The cheek of you to moan about the person who left a leaflet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

You should leave the wipers going as well, should get their attention.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

kravmaga wrote: »
    @OP

You were parked illegally, you left your vehicle on the double yellow lines for 10 mins, you are the person who is in the wrong here, inconsiderate parking to other pedestrians and to all other road users.

The double yellow lines are there for a reason.

You are in breach of the Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) Ammendment No. 2 Regulations 2012 S.I. 332 of 2012.

Also a health and safety issue for children as your vehicle could be impeding/ obstructing an emergency services vehicle trying to gain access.

You have some cheek to come on here and moan about a leaflet left under your wiper.

You need to learn from this and I personally hope you have been reported to Traffic corps in Dublin Castle.

The cheek of you to moan about the person who left a leaflet.

I just happen to believe that cowards would do better if they just minded their own business.
    I sympathise with abject losers with tragically empty lives that they spend their time sticking their crass notes onto busy people's cars but at the end of the day they're way out of line and they need to be stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

Since when do schools make the rules of the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kizzybee

This is genuinely the best thread I have ever read on a forum .

kizzybee wrote: »
    This is genuinely the best thread I have ever read on a forum .

I'm glad you're happy. I too shall be happy when I track down this hazardous menace before he snaps off somebodys wipers in his haste to interfere in that which does not concern him.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

mayway wrote:
    It's not our fault you've no kids. That's a terrible attitude. If you don't like it you should move somewhere where there are no schools.

Did i somehow give the impression I'm bitter because I'm a law abiding person who doesn't have children? Are you seriously suggesting i move somewhere that assures i don't pass a school on my daily commute? Or maybe you cop on, park legally and stop thinking your above the law just because you have children. And by the way maybe you should consider getting a smaller car if your incapable of parking the one you have

Since when do schools make the rules of the road?

Dont feed the Troll...thats you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kizzybee

I'm glad you're happy. I too shall be happy when I track down this hazardous menace before he snaps off somebodys wipers in his haste to interfere in that which does not concern him.

Make sure you report the fiends to passiveaggressivenotes.com. Further shame on the internet is exactly what they deserve.

kravmaga wrote: »
    Dont feed the Troll...thats you

Did you just call me a troll???!!! :mad:

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Did i somehow give the impression I'm bitter because I'm a law abiding person who doesn't have children? Are you seriously suggesting i move somewhere that assures i don't pass a school on my daily commute? Or maybe you cop on, park legally and stop thinking your above the law just because you have children. And by the way maybe you should consider getting a smaller car if your incapable of parking the one you have

A smaller car? You must be kidding. If anything I'm going to get a bigger car. I don't think I'm above the law but the vigilante clearly thinks he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I don't think it works like that. You sue if you are genuinely affected by a specific act no? I think the question 'are there any laws I can sue them under?' shows that you don't care what you sue for, just that you get a dig at the counterparty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

OP is most definitely one of those people who will be in an argument and continue arguing even when they realise that they are actually wrong.

Learn to admit when you are in the wrong and get on with life!

• Advertisement

Did you just call me a troll???!!! :mad:

a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic ...:D

• Administrators Posts: 13,975 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Maybe the hazardous, cowardly, loser, vigilante menace was the parent of the sick child that the ambulance couldn't get to last year? Maybe they make it their daily business to stick letters under wipers?

So do you object to them saying they were forwarding your details to the guards? Or do you object to them "interfering with your property" and "weakening your wipers"?

If you object to the interfering with your property and weakening your wipers why do you not object to other flier distributors who interfere with your private property and weaken your wipers? You said you have no problem with them.

I think your best bet is wait for the traffic corp to contact you about your illegal parking and then tell them you want to counter sue the complainant for interfering with your property and weakening your wipers.

They'll take it from there.

Hi. I parked on double yellow lines which is against the law. I could have caused the death of someone. I accept that. But someone decided that they'd touch my car!!!!!!!11111111eleveneleven omg wtf.

OP, read your post again before continuing to argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hey there op I have a feeling I know where this was as I saw a principal of a school out doing this the other day.

I had words with them and told them they were doing it all wrong and should not have touched anyones wipers.

I explained it is so much more fun smashing the mirrors off and slashing the tyres or at least let the air out.

Op serious question did you activate your hazard lights because if you did then it was fine parking there.

I would park there again dress as a clown and hide in a bush and wait for the person to put note on car then jump on em.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Punisher, that's ridiculous to be fair.

Someone who tells you they are reporting your illegal parking to the gardai is not a vigilante.

Maybe if they saw you knocking someone over they should mind their own business too?

Actually, I don't know why I'm replying to this, it has to be a pisstake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

bubblypop wrote: »
    Someone who tells you they are reporting your illegal parking to the gardai is not a vigilante.

Maybe if they saw you knocking someone over they should mind their own business too?

Actually, I don't know why I'm replying to this, it has to be a pisstake!!

I saw you replying to a troll thread. Bugger. So did I. Who do I report us to?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

mayway wrote:
    I don't think I'm above the law but the vigilante clearly thinks he is.

Stop being a knob end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I would respectfully suggest that you move away from the school if that's your attitude. Also, you're more than likely already late for work if you're only trying to drag yourself out of the house at school drop off time. Are you sure you have a job?

Maybe they had to drop their kids to school like you , do you work op ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement