Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note left on windscreen of car

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shaymus27

I don't like it when busy bodies interfere but your attitude reeks of entitlement and is completely self-serving.

It's because of people like you parking in places when you shouldn't that if a decent person parked illegally for a genuine reason they would probably get a ticket and a fine.

You did something wrong and you have the neck to complain about others.

Next time park legally.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

I know It's been said before but this has to be a wind up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,372 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

mayway wrote: »

My question is this, as they have clearly interfered with my private property whilst parked on a public road and they have no right to do so, what legal action can I take against them? Is there any law that they have broken that they can be prosecuted under? Or is this just a civil matter and, as such, would merit some sort of compensation?

I intend to engage a investigator to track down this loser and subsequently unleash my solicitor at him or her but I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar case before I go down this road.

I am constantly amazed that people in Ireland who are clearly in the wrong, have the nerve / delusion / excess self-confidence to turn the focus away from their wrongdoing, and try to highlight some other perceived problem.

Whereas when I received such a note on my windscreen, I felt bad and apologetic for my misbehaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

whupdedo wrote: »
    Maybe they had to drop their kids to school like you , do you work op ???

I think the op is a young yummy mummy.

She got an A in Higher level maths after she repeated it a few years ago.

But she also wants answers for Junior cert maths??????��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

I agree with the OP, people shouldn't touch your wipers.

Far better off doing what I do and stick extremely sticky yet fragile stickers to the middle of the drivers side of the windscreen pointing out that irresponsible parking causes accidents and is illegal and that people who do it are complete knobs ;)

You go OP!! Hire that PI, get the best barrister (solicitor bedamned) on the case and sue the bastard who dared to touch your jalopy!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I think the op is a young yummy mummy.

She got an A in Higher level maths after she repeated it a few years ago.

I wouldn't insult the OP. If they threaten to sue people for touching their car then I can't imagine what they'd do to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Look on the bright side op they could have done this!

And it's peanut butter not what I thought initially. ��

enhanced-buzz-31229-1361208185-6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

OP, I agree with you. Their approach in placing an anonymous note in infantile handwriting was reprehensible.

It's cowardly and smacks of a limp wristed attempt at vigilantism.

A brick through the back window or a punch in the face would have conveyed their ire in a much more acceptable manner.

At least were they to have taken that kind of measure you would have some right to complain. I suggest you have your private investigator and solicitor track them down so you can give the offender a fair chance to try again.

Perhaps you could park again on these double yellow lines so a fire appliance can demonstrate what happens when a jackass blocks the emergency services access to attend to a call.

Consider yourself duly slapped across the face with the back of a gentlemans glove, you cad. Now, get back in your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

OP, why not upload a pic of the note here. Let boards help with the investigation and prove you are not a troll!

What's that....you don't know how, don't have a camera, lost the note, etc. Ok, back under the bridge with you then in that case and go back to dreaming stories of people interfering with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Your gave up your moral high ground of being a law abiding citizen when you broke the law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Do you drive a 4x4?
    No, I don't. I drive a large family saloon.

Ah a BMW, you should have said. It would have made it much easier for us to paint a picture of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love how a note to say you've parked illegally is offensive. I think we need to redefine the meaning of that word for all of the soft touches out there.

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

Ah a BMW, you should have said. It would have made it much easier for us to paint a picture of you.

Yeah, I'm getting a good image of the OP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

I think I read about this case in the local paper;

http://bit.ly/1ITlLbH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I have on occasion seen people park on double yellow lines on entrances to my estate yards from a perfectly usable car park just because they are too lazy to enter the car park and park properly off the road.

They reduce the main entrance to an estate of over 2,000 houses to one lane due to their selfish porcine behaviour.

There are one car every 5 or 10 seconds driving in or out of the estate all held up by the selfish actions of this piggish act. In 10 minutes that is 100 cars held up by the selfish actions of one selfish idiot.

There isn't a judge in the land who would take action or sanction the writer of any notice affixed to your car. They would probably get the guards to impose proper sanctions on you for parking in a selfish and inconsiderate manner holding every one else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

If the phantom note leaver wasn't wearing his/her hat then you're legally entitled to all of their earthly belongings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

There must be some way of getting justice here.

There is. Pop down to the local Garda station and tell them you wish to be
    fined retrospectively for the offence of parking like a gob****e. Instant justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I would respectfully suggest that you move away from the school if that's your attitude. Also, you're more than likely already late for work if you're only trying to drag yourself out of the house at school drop off time. Are you sure you have a job?
    I live beside a school, 10 minutes away from were I work, yet I have a work vehicle. Also my own car has had over a grand of damage done to it in the last 18 months, all done by numbnuts that have no right being on my street, if you ever parked on my street, the least of your problems would be a note under your wiper.

But I like others know what this op is... Dont want another ban. Still can't understand why the op isn't banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ItsLikeThis

Maybe OP " inadvertently" parks there more often than they let on. Seems to me that someone had this copied letter/note prepared for the OP, unless off course they did it in the ten minutes the OP was away from the car and also stuck it on.

I'll keep your wipers in my prayers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not seeing this thread going anyway. Closed.
    Stop being a knob end
    I would respectfully suggest that you move away from the school if that's your attitude. Also, you're more than likely already late for work if you're only trying to drag yourself out of the house at school drop off time. Are you sure you have a job?
    Constructive posts only please. No personal abuse.
    kravmaga wrote: »
    Dont feed the Troll...thats you
    If you have a problem with a post, report it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement